1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like concealed carry.
Area? Excellent.
Anticipated threat? Low.
Glock 23 (minimum) wherever, whenever ...
Fishing at the beach

Admiring the sunset

Glock 20SF today ... I like carrying.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Didn't answer the poll as I do not fit into either answer.
Do I enjoy carrying? Yes and no. Sometimes it is a PITA. It changes the way I live my life. No more going out getting drunk and howling at the moon. I love firearms, love to shoot them, love tinkering with them. Carrying is a big responsibility and sometimes I just wish I did not feel the need to strap one on. But I do everyday, all day.
But I do feel the need and feel blessed to have the ability to defend myself and my loved ones

·
Registered
20,259 Posts
No, I do not. Not only is it a burden I could live without, it is a reminder of the decay of our current social decline.
I take no delight in the idea and preparation of ending a life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes to the poll....carried most of my life and will continue to do so no matter what tryranny bullshit comes out of DC

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
I carry every day, from pajama-off until pajamas-on. A 6-shot 5" N-Frame 629 "Classic" (full-underlug) .44mag. In a homemade under-the-shirt vertical cloth shoulder holster rig. Very comfortable and well-concealed.

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
I've never thought about whether I "liked" carrying. I like some of the guns I carry, at least from the perspective of shooting, which as a sport I enjoy.

I suppose at first I did "like" carrying as it was a novelty, but it quickly wore off. Now I think I like it as much as I like taking my driver's license when I drive.

And it can be a pain, as it is one more thing I need to tote around and for which I need to plan (e.g., if friends and I are going out for drinks, I'll leave the gun at home (and take an Uber/Lyft, of course); or if I am going to a non-permissive environment (e.g., school event), I'll leave the gun at home).

So just as KC, I don't fit into either category. Maybe there should be a "Neutral" option.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
No, I do not. Not only is it a burden I could live without, it is a reminder of the decay of our current social decline.
Ditto. I enjoy shooting, but not carrying or the reasons why I do. Maybe others who have killed someone are never bothered by it again. I'm not one of them.

·
Premium Member
36,961 Posts
Ditto. Just because I'm good at it doesn't mean I like it, or the implications that accompany it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I sincerely hope that everyone who carries does not take delight in preparation of injuring or ending a life. I hope that it will never come to that because it will be a tremendous weight to carry. It would only be mitigated by knowledge of a life saved.

·
Registered
298 Posts
[...]
e.g., if friends and I are going out for drinks, I'll leave the gun at home (and take an Uber/Lyft, of course); or if I am going to a non-permissive environment (e.g., school event), I'll leave the gun at home.
[...]
When you are drinking at home, do you lock up your gun so you can't get at it? I don't see the difference.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
When you are drinking at home, do you lock up your gun so you can't get at it? I don't see the difference.
No I do not. It is not illegal for me to drink and have an unlocked gun at home.
It will get me into trouble out in public. At home I do not drink with stranger's who most likely will piss me off.
I drink with like minded friends and we have no problems as we do not "play" with our guns.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Well, I had to think about this one. I decided to answer “Yes.” I do not like the reason that weapons may become necessary, and, carrying a weapon can be less than comfortable, at times.

Personal weapons and tools are part of what make us who we are are. I could not imagine life without wanting to walk in the woods and fields, and I feel that having a “snake stick,” at minimum, is an integral part of a walk in the woods and fields. I do not want to surprise a snake, or inadvertently step on a snake, and would rather keep a respectful distance, but, ultimately, such a stick could be used to do harm. When moving through an environment populated by feral humans, one may need something other than a snake stick.

Our weapons and tools can become comforting parts of our culture, as evidenced by the shepherd’s rod and staff of the psalmist David, and let‘s not forget that David carried a sling, and stones, too.

So, yes, I like “carrying.”

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
Lock it up at home? No. I can unlock a safe after a few, so locking it up is only to the advantage of a home invader.

A gun is always readily available at home. Doesn't mean I'm carrying. But one is available.

Besides, I'm not getting black-out hammered like Cal Naughton Jr. in the front row of a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert.

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
No I do not. It is not illegal for me to drink and have an unlocked gun at home.
It will get me into trouble out in public. At home I do not drink with stranger's who most likely will piss me off.
I drink with like minded friends and we have no problems as we do not "play" with our guns.
You ever drink with extended family? They can definitely piss you off.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Then don't carry. Men have been killing each other for millennia.

·
Registered
433 Posts
G-man* said:
Ditto. Just because I'm good at it doesn't mean I like it, or the implications that accompany it.

X3...I am with you both

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
While carrying a weapon is sometimes burdensome, I still checked like simply because I like being able to protect my family and myself.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts