• Yes.

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • No.

Votes: 9 17.3%
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like guns, I like to shoot, I like knowing that I have the ability to defend myself and my loved ones. But I do not always like carrying.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Yes I like it. Being able to is one of the things that makes this country special. I'm an average everyday nobody with no connections and I can walk around most anywhere I want armed. In most societies that is something reserved for the priveleged and elite. I feel like I'm actively participating in being an American every time I do so.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
This is the equivalent of asking, "Do you like brushing your teeth?"

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I much prefer to carry as opposed to not. Why.?

I grew up in Detroit. ya feel me.?

View attachment 353943
I grew up in Boston.
I like guns, I like to shoot, I like knowing that I have the ability to defend myself and my loved ones. But I do not always like carrying.
I don't like having to be concerned with getting in trouble for just carrying, in the country in which I was born.
Yes I like it. Being able to is one of the things that makes this country special. I'm an average everyday nobody with no connections and I can walk around most anywhere I want armed. In most societies that is something reserved for the priveleged and elite. I feel like I'm actively participating in being an American every time I do so.
Exactly
Well, do you like having teeth?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
It’s a necessary evil. Better than not having any teeth at all.

Reactions: demanic

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I can’t say I agree with you 100%.
Well, the society that I want to live in wouldn't care if I walked around with a nuke strapped to my back, as long as I didn't use it. It also would have come up with some sort of defense against it by now.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Well, the society that I want to live in wouldn't care if I walked around with a nuke strapped to my back, as long as I didn't use it. It also would have come up with some sort of defense against it by now.
We all have different things that are important to us.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Aint that the truth(y)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I just like having a gun on me. It doesn't need to be concealed. I've always been a gun guy since a child, so having a gun with me is just natural.

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
I answered yes, but it really isn't as easily captured as a yes or no question. I enjoy I have the freedom to do so, but I regret I feel I have a need to do so. It has changed how I live my public life with constant awareness of where I can carry and where I can't. It restricts me from having a beer when I go out; it forces me to disarm to go into a school, post office, hospital, military base, or other government buildings; and, it isn't always comfortable with certain physical activities. I like the fact I have a right to bear arms even if I am sometimes forced to disarm.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I love concealed carrying.
No, I do not. Not only is it a burden I could live without, it is a reminder of the decay of our current social decline.
I take no delight in the idea and preparation of ending a life.
And it is because of our current social decline and the racial insensitivity that our nation currently finds itself in once again that I don't see carrying as a burden whatsoever. I take no delight in the idea that someone else out there may view my life as insignificant and are prepared to attempt to end it because of the color of my skin. It's my job (not the police) to defend my life and the life of my loved ones.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I was prank-kidnapped with a gun pressed against the back of my head as I was thrown into the back of a car. It was no joke to me. From that experience I take great joy in carrying a handgun with which I am proficient in order to have a defensive tool available to fight back against any further incursions of my personal Liberty and safety.

I do not contemplate the assailant's possible demise if I shoot him/her/it/them. It is no foreseeable burden on my soul.

Reactions: demanic and mohead1

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
I love concealed carrying.

And it is because of our current social decline and the racial insensitivity that our nation currently finds itself in once again that I don't see carrying as a burden whatsoever. I take no delight in the idea that someone else out there may view my life as insignificant and are prepared to attempt to end it because of the color of my skin. It's my job (not the police) to defend my life and the life of my loved ones.
Yeah, I hear ya, and agree with your position.

I should have said it like this;

I appreciate the right to carry a gun, and I see it as a prudent step to take in this day and time. However, the idea doesn’t make me cream my pants like it seems to do for some...

Reactions: rlggray

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Yeah, I hear ya, and agree with your position.

I should have said it like this;

I appreciate the right to carry a gun, and I see it as a prudent step to take in this day and time. However, the idea doesn’t make me cream my pants like it seems to do for some...

·
Registered
20,331 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 87 Posts