Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look out and here's a guy on a bicycle with a full coverage helmet & sun glasses...

It was Friday and my wife and I were eating in a little Chinese place we like and as always, I'm sitting facing the entrance, admiring the beautiful day through the big glass store front.

Off in the distance I see this guy riding a bike (bicycle) toward the restaurant. It seemed strange that he had on a full coverage helmet and sunglasses. Hmmm, I thought, I doubt he's coming here. But...

He parks his bike out of view and I'm starting to wonder. I see him moving toward the entrance with his helmet and sunglasses. As he reaches to open the door, I'm really wondering why he's coming in with the helmet and sun glasses still on and why am I discretely confirming the safety on my Beretta 92fs is off for the second time.

As I watch his hands, I see nothing especially threatening, but I've already made sure my cover garment is going to clear my gun cleanly.

Finally he pulls the sun glasses off and then the helmet. And so it ends. But in today's society, it could have ended very differently.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Did you have to hurry home to change your shorts? Thats a scary deal, glad it turned out ok. Thats strange to see a guy on a bicycle with a full helmet. Those situations remind us all how quickly a normal day can turn ugly quick.

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weeg,

He may have been doing some "risky" bikin', but it is very rare around here to see a bike rider with a full coverage helmet. In fact, that was my first.

It was just that if somebody wanted to hide their face in public, this was a great way.

BCurry1,
I didn't have to change my shorts, but it was sure good to start breathin' again.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great job of being aware of your surroundings. Also watching his hands was smart as well. I am sure all the sheep in the restaurant were oblivious!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
I'm with Tangle. I've been riding for longer than I care to remember, and full coverage helmets are a rarity.

I'd be less suspicious if the guy pulled up on a mountain bike though, those guys just aren't right. :image035:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Glad all went well. And it sounds like you were paying attention and ready to take appropriate action. Stay safe and have a great day.

Sixgun

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Did you check the helmet to see if it had a covered with foil (to ward off the CIA's nefarious clandestine messages)?

·
Registered
262 Posts
"I'd be less suspicious if the guy pulled up on a mountain bike though, those guys just aren't right. :image035:[/QUOTE]"

Hay, I resemble that remark! :danceban:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Never can be too careful Ron - and if ''Spidey sense'' kicks in - listen to it.

That sure would have seemed odd to me! Always but always - con yellow - look, listen - see and hear - it is what helps prevent us from being caught out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
About a hundred years ago, I recall being on the motorcycle all day and finally going into a restaurant to eat.

When I sat down, the waitress asked me if I thought I might fall off the chair.

I wish I had time to stop blushing before I pulled off the forgotten helmet! :redface:

Felt like an absolute idiot! :yup:

Now, anytime I see anyone dressed "out of season," I do give them a good look. But I do have to consider the possibility that they may not be dangerous, just another idiot. :biggrin2:

mm

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
madmike said:
About a hundred years ago, I recall being on the motorcycle all day and finally going into a restaurant to eat.

When I sat down, the waitress asked me if I thought I might fall off the chair.

I wish I had time to stop blushing before I pulled off the forgotten helmet! :redface:

Felt like an absolute idiot! :yup:

Now, anytime I see anyone dressed "out of season," I do give them a good look. But I do have to consider the possibility that they may not be dangerous, just another idiot. :biggrin2:

mm
LOL! You can't be too careful about fallin' off chairs! :biggrin2:

"Suspicious" and "out of season" can go either way; we have no way to know. I consider them a possible threat until I can confirm otherwise.

''Spidey sense'' I like that Chris.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
blacksan said:
"I'd be less suspicious if the guy pulled up on a mountain bike though, those guys just aren't right. :image035:

Hay, I resemble that remark! :danceban:
Of course that is just a "roadies" view. :haha:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts