Defensive Carry banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was never a Colt collector, but have owned a few since the days when Colt, and surplus 1911 types, were the only ones available. Perhaps contrary to popular myth, some Colts were neither reliable nor accurate pistols. A Colt that was, and still is, both accurate and reliable is a commercial Government model worked over by James Clark in Louisiana back in the '60s.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
I was in the brown-water Navy in Viet Nam. The boatswain's mate that ran the boat was qualified as a coxswain and wore the Combat Coxswain emblem on his uniform. I went through the qualifications for Combat Coxswain and put the insignia on my uniform. I was told to take it off because an electronics technician could not be a coxswain, only a boatswain's mate could qualify.
I had an HT/Shipfitter friend who qualified and actively coxswained boats without incident. The Captain was a reasonable man.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I was never a Colt collector, but have owned a few since the days when Colt, and surplus 1911 types, were the only ones available. Perhaps contrary to popular myth, some Colts were neither reliable nor accurate pistols. A Colt that was, and still is, both accurate and reliable is a commercial Government model worked over by James Clark in Louisiana back in the '60s.
Is this your's, or a stock photo?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That’s a beautiful piece. I like the photo too, very appropriate to have a 1911 covering Europe.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I love mine too! I've had my new S103 "SOUTHPAW" 1911 for a week now. Took it to the range 3 times and have run nearly 500 rds through it with no issues whatsoever. Wow! Been getting adjusted to carrying and shooting an all-steel piece opposed to my polymers. Took it outdoors the other day to make some steel ring.....

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Newest addition

My latest addition a Lightweight Commander in .45 ACP. I modified one thing. IMG_4565.jpg IMG_4561.jpg

Reactions: deadguy and OD*
81 - 92 of 92 Posts