Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went on my lunch break with a co-worker of mine to the local dealer to browse around since he is getting his CCW soon and i'm trying to help him out as much as i can. well while he was pressed against the glass drooling i asked to look at a Glock 26...
i carry a G30 as my primary and an LCP as a BUG but holding the G26 i was just so impressed with the size and the little voice in my head told me to go for it so...
got the G26, meprolight night sights installed, pierce grip pinky extenders, cavity plug, box of hydrashoks, and a desantis IWB tuckable holster and walked out the door with enough time to go get food and eat.

try doing that in Maryland!
heck... try getting a CCW in Maryland...
i'm so glad i moved lol.

so to keep on topic the G26 is small, accurate, easy to hide, and simply awesome. my new BUG that can double as a primary without hesitation.

today was a good day and put a smile on my face so i figure i would share... thanks for reading!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I primary carry a G19 right now and have decided I am either going to sell it and buy a 26 or try to trade it for a 26.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the G26. :congrats: It was my latest purchase and I love it. It has become my favorite EDC... BTW

:worthless:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm trying to imagine using the G26 as a BUG. o_O But I think it's kind of a big gun (I have small hands).

It's a nice gun. So far it's been rock-solid reliable from my experience.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
and the little voice in my head told me to go for it so...
got the G26
Awesome get on the Glock! Me thinks you'll be listening to the little voice in your head quite often from now on. Have fun, be safe, and....Glock on!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
:gah:
So many Glocks, so little time!
:gah:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i figured no need to post pics because its bone stock other than the sights and grip extenders...
i did notice alot more aftermarket support for the 9mm glocks as opposed to my 30 so if/when i start modifying to my likings i'll post some pics...
any suggestions on who makes the best barrels and slides?

theotherlis: i'm a lanky 6'2" 170lb guy with large skinny hands and i wear baggy clothes so its easy for me to shoot and carry any of my guns. sometimes i carry a deasert eagle .44 as a primary with a glock 30 as a BUG lol i get crazy...

but i think the g26 will serve very well as my EDC at work or wherever i need the smaller frame. the g30 will always be my favorite EDC but its hard to carry that fat heavy girl at work...

now wich glock to get next?! lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
try doing that in Maryland!
heck... try getting a CCW in Maryland...
i'm so glad i moved lol.
I too immigrated to the Free State of Virginia and left the People's Republic of Maryland - I sympathize completely.

Do you want to be taxed?
Do you want your gun rights eliminated?
Do you like living near lousy inner cities?

Then live in Maryland! :rofl:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since my holster for the 26 is open ended i can put an extended ported barrel on it... do any of you guys have experience with storm lake barrels?
also is lone wolf the only distributor of stainless slides?
my father had a g21 with np3 slide and i have always loved the look of a silver colored slide on a black plastic gun "hence the pic i posted of my LCP" but i dont want it painted. i would rather have stainless parts.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the G26! The Glock is, IMO one of the best platforms out there. I may take a trip to my dealer this weekend and look at the G27, cause I like the .40 over the 9mm, but either would bring a smile to my face too. :yup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
G26 is an AWESOME little defensive tool... I love mine,.. I'm wanting to get a 27 being they use the same holster,... When I care to send the very best,.. :) j/k

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats on the 26. I have the 27 and like the size. I have the night sights as well and started to go with grip extensions, but ended up staying with factory mags to keep it as compact as possible.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I too immigrated to the Free State of Virginia and left the People's Republic of Maryland - I sympathize completely.

Do you want to be taxed?
Do you want your gun rights eliminated?
Do you like living near lousy inner cities?

Then live in Maryland! :rofl:
:rofl: ME TOO! But I've been here so long I count as a long time resident. I've been itching about one of those G26's myself...even though I've been an almost strictly 1911 guy... Darn posts like this don't help my CGBD much (compulsive gun buying disorder).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Virginia is a great state.

Now if we can only get that CC in restaurant that serve alcohol thing worked out, we would be perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts