Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California. He
called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and
his troops, everywhere he goes, telling mw people shake their hands, and thank them
for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that
others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday,
on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him
stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel
pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly," Yes, I always wear it
and probably always will."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing
country men, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's
shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi
woman:

Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and
died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of
bombing YOUR countrymen.

It is my belief if you had been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need
to be there today.

But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll
gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the
mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I love this guy. I want to buy him a beer or three.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sounds like a winner.

It's so easy to carp about things when there's no cost.

·
Administrator
143,817 Posts
Thanks For Posting That Bumper

Some people just LOVE the United States because they can live here and safely hate us Americans. :chairshot:

·
Super Moderator
25,561 Posts
It is a good one, but....... It's been floating around the Net for about a year, and I haven't really checked but I'd bet it's a "story".

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Story or not - the expressed sentiment is spot A1 on the button.!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Send that one to "Readers Digest" it needs to be spread around!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Why we can protest!

I agree with the sentiments whether or not it is true.

When I was in the Navy and Electric Boat would launch/commission a Trident submarine you would see a lot of people outside the fence protesting this vehicle of destruction. What got me was the irony of the situtation. The very thing they were protesting was the same thing that was protecting their right to protest. They never understood that. But that was why I was there, to ensure their rights whether I agree with their viewpoints or not.

Eric
USN Retired

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Makes for a good story

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
bravo ! 'rounds of bourbon and coke on me......

·
Registered
239 Posts
AWESOME!! :35:

Luke

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
True or not I like it!

Like this one too;

"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy." --Major General James Mattis, USMC

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd call it a "parable."

The story needs not to be literally true, its function is to demonstrate a Great Truth.

mm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts