Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today and rented a Glock 26. I have been thinking about carrying something with a little more capacity than my Kahrs but I wasn't ready to buy anything yet. Well... I fell in love....

I have never shot a little gun so well!

Then I had to find one! I could not find one anywhere but got a really good deal on a gen 4 on gunbroker.com. Now I have to wait for it to get here....

·
Registered
42,101 Posts
Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . Stop watching the clock, it won't help!

Enjoy it when it gets there.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Shooting it well and carrying it well are two different things. I too went from my Kahrs to a Glock 26. Once the novelty wore off I went back to single stacks. Hope it works out better for you but as they say, you never know until you walk a mile in my shoes. :)

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
A fine choice indeed, sir, you will love it.

Just picked up a Pearce mag extension today, can't wait to get to the range again.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I would also suggest the Cross Breed, Galco King Tuck or other similiar holsters for CC. Makes it disappear.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My son carries a G26. It's a good gun. As a comparison you may want to also try the HK P2000sk and the Walther P99c. All three are similar, shoot well and are top quality.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Bom bom bom... Another one bites the dust... AWWW shooter

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Oh, stop your whining and enjoy it............. when it arrives, LOL! Life is full of changes. Embrace them, and I am glad you are happy with your new 'little gun'.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
the only "mistake" you made was waiting so long to come over to the Glock-side.

There are two kinds of pistol shooters.....the ones that appreciate the simplicity and reliability of a Glock.....
and those that think they are a brick with a barrel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Huh, I went the other way. Had a Glock 27. Shot a Kahr PM9 and fell in love. Sold the Glock and never looked back. Don't sell that single stack Kahr till you carry that Glock for a while. I found that 27 ponderous to carry. I hardly know the Kahr is there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a 27 instead of a 26 (as well as a 23), but I know what you mean about the better shooting!

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
the only "mistake" you made was waiting so long to come over to the Glock-side.

There are two kinds of pistol shooters.....the ones that appreciate the simplicity and reliability of a Glock.....
and those that think they are a brick with a barrel.
Can't a person be both? :smile:

Reactions: rugerista

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the posts! I plan on keeping my Kahr as well. I still love the Kahr but I also want the option of a few more rounds. The G26 gives me some options on what to carry and when. I think it will compliment the Kahr...not replace it.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Shooting it well and carrying it well are two different things. I too went from my Kahrs to a Glock 26. Once the novelty wore off I went back to single stacks. Hope it works out better for you but as they say, you never know until you walk a mile in my shoes. :)
Do you ever have anything positive to say. If you have I have missed it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I carry the G26 with the factory flat mag plate in a Remora and its a comfortable carry for me. I have a spare mage with the Pearce +0 baseplate and now that my G19 mags came in as soon as I get some X-Grips in the mail, I will carry the G19 mags with 15 rounds as my spare mag.

I hardly know the G26 is on me when I carry and I can keep it under slim-fit shirts easily and it shoots like a dream.

Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. I agree it is a fine shooter and I don't blame you for buying it. I suggest you don't test drive any new cars soon because that could get real expensive. Enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the new gun. I agree it is a fine shooter and I don't blame you for buying it. I suggest you don't test drive any new cars soon because that could get real expensive. Enjoy your new pistol.
Good call on that one! No test driving cars and no more renting guns for a little while!!'

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The GLOCK 26 is a fine pistol, congrats! So any bets on how long after the 26 comes in that the OP is waiting on a 19?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have had every sub compact single stack I could find. That said I have returned to my 26. I find I can carry my 26 in a Smartcarry at work with shirt tucked as easy if not easier than any other gun I own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts