Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were going "to town" to some shops, mall, out to eat, etc. and I decided I should swap out from my typical snubnose 38 in my pocket to my Xd40sc IWB. So I go to the safe, get the XD holstered and IWB, and we're off.

As we are going about our business later in the day, I put my hand down in my right pocket and realize I still had the 442 in my pocket. In my haste, I forgot to remove it and put it in the safe when I holstered up with XD.

So, I carried 2 guns today. That says something for the relative comfort or the degree to which I'm accustomed to carrying the 442 in my pocket.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I've never made a mistake that was to my benefit like you did. I thought at first you were going to say that you forgot to put the magazine in, lol. So now you can lay claim to another element to your namesake because you carried a BUG.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I think I understand your point Bug dude. If you would have left your snubby at the house and needed a gun, your muscle memory would have taken you to your pocket instead of your waist band.

Reactions: Bill MO

·
Registered
929 Posts
The permits in a couple nanny states are specific to one gun by model & serial number, and that gun only. Seems like maybe CA and / or NJ, but this is based on a very distant and feeble memory. I know some one out there can confirm or correct me.

·
Super Moderator
19,439 Posts
In New Mexico, you can only carry one concealed gun.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've never made a mistake that was to my benefit like you did. I thought at first you were going to say that you forgot to put the magazine in, lol. So now you can lay claim to another element to your namesake because you carried a BUG.
Hate to admit it but just last week I went out armed with my 642 and it was not until I got back home that I realized I had unloaded it the day before and had not reloaded. Luckily I was only embarressed.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
One of the risks of swapping the guns we carry and changing how/where we carry is this sort of situation. Could be worse. Downside is, if unaware the holstered gun was there, am assuming you were also unaware whether you had spare rounds available for that gun as well.

Good example, though, of how light and unobtrusive these little S&W snubbies can be. :yup:

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had taken my speed loaders out of my left pocket holster and put two extra mags for the XD in it. Forgot to remove the right pocket holster. I'm so used to carrying the 442 and it is so light and easy to carry I forgot it was there. I just don't like forgetting anything when it comes to carrying. I was not aware of where it was...luckily it was fine.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So, I carried 2 guns today. That says something for the relative comfort or the degree to which I'm accustomed to carrying the 442 in my pocket.
I'll tell you though, in the general scheme of "messing up," I'd rather have "one too many" than "one too few."

Look at it this way: At least "messing up" didn't involve a ND!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
In New Mexico, you can only carry one concealed gun.
Really? I don't like that. Sounds unconstitutional. I don't like my freedoms being restricted. New Mexico is a great state; y'all need to get that wagon out of the mud.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
You must have been a boy scout in your youth..... "be prepared".

If one is good, two are even better. LOL.

Around here, it's not uncommon at all for folks to carry a backup gun.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Here in Texas we call that "insurance".

Posted using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Sap03

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
One gun = good, two guns = better.

No worries.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts