Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to my local gun shop because they were running a sale on several models: Beretta, Ruger, Sig and one or two Glock models. I went there with every intention of buying a Ruger p345, but when I got there, I started thinking: "how much do I really need this gun?". The gun felt excellent ergonomically, solid like a Ruger, and something I'd be proud to own but I realized, I have guns for carry, and because of its size and weight, the p 345 would probably end up as a "safe queen". So reason prevailed, and I passed on it.

Does this mean I'm cured???

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
You might be sick. I would go to a doctor.
Forget the Dr., go to your closest Gunsmith and have him examine you.

Common sense does get in the way sometimes, it kept me from buying a Springfield 1911 once for a mere $350 plus my upgrades.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Just means you will probably spend more money on something else later and rationalize it because "hey...I didnt buy that Ruger." LOL

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Take 2 aspirin and call the gun store to see if they still have the Ruger.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just means you will probably spend more money on something else later and rationalize it because "hey...I didnt buy that Ruger." LOL
HA! that's kind of what I was thinking too. I've done that one too many times.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The proper treatment for this is for him to send me the money, so that I can buy the Ruger.:smile:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well.......did ya at least buy some ammo?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Yup, you're sick alright. Your prescription is for 3,1 hour long Obama speeches and 30 minutes of still photo therapy using Nancy Pelois. If that don't cure ya, I'm at a loss.:22a:

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's not a matter of needing the gun, it's a matter of wanting the gun, just buy it man, treat yourself. Make yourself feel better then you will be happy and cured for a while anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Getting there. The next step on the way to recovery is to start to divest, to get down to "what you really need",
And once you get down to what you really need... You start all over again buying those guns you want... it's a vicious cycle...

·
Registered
5,296 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
You could have cured yourself if you had purchased a gun...you PASSED?...you're sick.:yup::rofl:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts