Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take down my Glock 27 and Glock 26 and look down into the receiver, above the mag well on the left is located part 23 - Trigger mechanism housing with ejector. At the very tip of that part protruding forward is a silver piece ( I don't know the part name, possibly the ejector?). Anyway, on my G27 the part is perfectly straight. On my G26, the part is curved or bent slightly inboard. My G27 is brand new and my G26 is only a month old. My question is, shouldn't these parts look the same? And if so, which one is wrong? If there is a problem, how do I fix it?:22a:

·
Registered
838 Posts
NO
I think your fine, mines the same way.
The G26 shoots a smaller round and must be bent to hit
the shell casing.
Glock on friend!:smile:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
PM Ram Rod, he knows alot about Glocks.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO
I think your fine, mines the same way.
The G26 shoots a smaller round and must be bent to hit
the shell casing.
Glock on friend!:smile:
And thank you to Sir; you eased my mind a little.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'm a Glock Armorer. Your Glocks are as they should be. You are correct, those are the ejectors. The .40 S&W goes straight. The 9mm has a slight bend and the .45 has an even more pronounced bend.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a Glock Armorer. Your Glocks are as they should be. You are correct, those are the ejectors. The .40 S&W goes straight. The 9mm has a slight bend and the .45 has an even more pronounced bend.
Thank you, I appreciate the information. It seemed to make sense to me after ASSA9's reply.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Well, I had to work today, but I see the guys have pretty much taken care of you on the issues. I went to your PM first, and here's what I wrote you in explaining it.

I know Glocks pretty well. No...they shouldn't look the same caliber to caliber. The 9mm Glocks will have the most pronounced (more) angle than the 40 calibers, and the 45acp Glocks are near straight. Yes, it is the ejector that you are looking at. Think about where the ejector is in relation to the bore. Then think about the case diameter difference from 45acp down to 9mm. The ejector needs to angle in toward the bore more to hit the 9mm case rim than the 45acp case rim. 40S&W and .357sig Glocks use the same ejector as the case rim on both is the same. Have a good weekend, and Glock on!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I had to work today, but I see the guys have pretty much taken care of you on the issues. I went to your PM first, and here's what I wrote you in explaining it.

I know Glocks pretty well. No...they shouldn't look the same caliber to caliber. The 9mm Glocks will have the most pronounced (more) angle than the 40 calibers, and the 45acp Glocks are near straight. Yes, it is the ejector that you are looking at. Think about where the ejector is in relation to the bore. Then think about the case diameter difference from 45acp down to 9mm. The ejector needs to angle in toward the bore more to hit the 9mm case rim than the 45acp case rim. 40S&W and .357sig Glocks use the same ejector as the case rim on both is the same. Have a good weekend, and Glock on!
I greatly appreciate your replying so quickly. Thank you. I sent you a PM as to why I was so concerned. If you don't receive my reply, please let me know. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts