Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Carhart gear, it does a great job of keeping one warm. I started wearing it when I was in construction though, and it fit in there, but your job may be different

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
2 Votes for Carhartt. If it doesnt fit well with your work environment, I'm hiring carpenters. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm also a big fan of Carhartt. In Texas I just use one of their thin jackets. I've driven my jeep in it plenty with the top and doors off in cold weather. Blocks the wind and keeps you warm without being too thick. They've got some good colder weather for you yanks also.

Edit...Carhartt is workwear, but if you get a darker color and a conservative jacket, it really doesn't look like you belong in a lumberyard...can work for any occasion except maybe business formal :p

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,029 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
LL Bean

LL Bean has pretty decent prices on parkas. you could also go with layering, a couple of fleece layers under a waterproof outer layer.
Sportsman's Guide is worth checking, also Sierra Trading Post and Campmor.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'll second the vote on Arc'teryx. I have also been very happy with Marmot and Cloudveil as well. You get what you pay for with outdoor clothing especially "techy" outerwear.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
For me, I don't have a brand preference, I look for something that fits me well, is long enough, but not too long and looks like something the majority of the rest of the locals would wear. I don't want to stand out, I choose neutral colors and not a lot of decoration.
One thing I do insist on is a front zipper, no snaps or buttons please. A 2 way zipper is ideal if you can find it. In the car while driving you can unzip part way from the bottom up, making access to the firearm much easier, or your local dry-cleaner can put one in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your looking for something you can carry with......(I'm guessing since your asking it on the forum)....... check some of Sig Arms coats. I have one of the duck coats, warm, but not too heavy (you can layer underneath it, as I wear a hooded jacket under mine,) but it has break away concealed pockets for your toys..... a full size fits in ok, but will print sometimes as big as it is, smaller pistols are ok.....comes in a 3/4 length as well if you need longer. They mimick a carrhart, but have the places we need for extra "gear" :image035:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts