Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally starting to get all my carry gear in order. I've got my shiny new glock 19. A very nice Pure Kustoms Black Ops Pro Holster. My next 2 purchases are a new knife and a pocket light. Since I have knife that functions well enough I am concentrating on the pocket light for the moment. What would you folks suggest for a very small tactical light. I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets already (Front pocket wallet, keys, knife, blackberry) so I am looking for something as small and light as possible.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Olight T10 (1xCR123) - will fit in jeans watch pocket and you can also get the T15 body to use AA's.
Those look like nice lights. Are the T10 and T15 the same? I definetly like the idea of using a easy to find batery like a AA.

Thanks for the info!

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get a Quark. From 4sevens.com. Quarks are designs by Mr. 4Sevens himself, and have garnered really good reviews on candlepowerforums.com and edcforums.com. Mine is the AA model.

0.2 >> 3.5 >> 18 >> 70 >> SOS >> Beacon >> 90 lumens >> strobe.

All lumens measurements for the Quark series are OTF (out the front), much like surefire measures theirs. Its hard to believe the little AA battery can put out that much light. Im running lithium (L91) AA's in mine. Got mine for $57 shipped free from 4sevens.com. Im getting another soon.

EDIT: The Quark series is Type III aluminum too. Good for a tough work environment.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Wal-mart

115 lumens. $24.88.

4" long, by Coleman.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Save some $$ in shipping charges - go to WalMart or Target. They have plenty very small LED's to choose from. Here in Mobile Alabama - Target has the better selection.
Also, might find an ankle holster to hold the flashlight & maybe pepper spray or extra mag to keep pockets from being too cluttered.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Those look like nice lights. Are the T10 and T15 the same? I definetly like the idea of using a easy to find batery like a AA.

Thanks for the info!
:hand10:The difference is the bodies - one for CR123's and one for AA's (lumens are less with the AA's, but still 120 lmns). If you get one, you can get the body for the other battery type for about $15. Strobe, SOS (2 light levels), and 5 light levels. Make sure you get the 2008 version.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Save some $$ in shipping charges - go to WalMart or Target. They have plenty very small LED's to choose from. Here in Mobile Alabama - Target has the better selection.
Also, might find an ankle holster to hold the flashlight & maybe pepper spray or extra mag to keep pockets from being too cluttered.
Thanks for the suggesting Target. Just came from there and just picked up a pretty nice one for 25.00. I think it's offbrand (River Rock) but is small, has a clip and puts out good light. I'll probably get something a bit higher quality a bit down the road.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Surefires arent always as indestructible as they seem. I had a G2 that didnt make it through our first field exercise back in Quantico, had to replace the lamp for as much as I payed for the light.

That said... I still do like the light :)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Wal-mart

115 lumens. $24.88.

4" long, by Coleman.
^^^^^^

What he said. It's the Coleman Max and I started a thread about it here:

Coleman Max at Wal-Mart

I did a comparison between this and my 3-D-cell Maglight and the Max outshined it.

There seem to be two versions, the little 4-incher and another one that's about six inches long and fatter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you want real small look at the Nano.

Nano Light with White LED : Andax Industries

I give them as stocking suffers every year great lil light
Great little light, but be warned - they tend to come on in your pocket, the batteries don't last very long and replacing them costs as much as a new light.

It's bigger than I'd prefer for pocket carry, but I've been pretty happy with my Gerber Tempo.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Surefire E1B Backup® LED Flashlight

The Surefire Backup is the light I carried on my duty belt. It was the favorite of the three. I used it more than my primary light (a Steamlight Stinger: do not get one). It's got 80 lumen mode (1.3h) and a 5 lumen mode (37h). I've tracked a lot of humans with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a Quark. From 4sevens.com. Quarks are designs by Mr. 4Sevens himself, and have garnered really good reviews on candlepowerforums.com and edcforums.com. Mine is the AA model.

0.2 >> 3.5 >> 18 >> 70 >> SOS >> Beacon >> 90 lumens >> strobe.

All lumens measurements for the Quark series are OTF (out the front), much like surefire measures theirs. Its hard to believe the little AA battery can put out that much light. Im running lithium (L91) AA's in mine. Got mine for $57 shipped free from 4sevens.com. Im getting another soon.

EDIT: The Quark series is Type III aluminum too. Good for a tough work environment.
Just checked out that website and they look like pretty nice lights. I might just get one of those...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts