Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a concealed lower back holster for my Taurus Millennium G2 9mm. Its the PT111. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any good ones that i can go look at. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Check out a few websites; Galco, High Noon Holsters, Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery Company. I own or holsters by all of the aforementioned companies.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Get something like a milt sparks VM2 or a hybrid dual point attachment. Myself thats what I use after years of trial and error. I also like a holster that has leather btwn me and the slide to prevent the gun bite as I call it...Holster buying can become more addictive then gun buying if you carry CCW. Also thin is the way too go if possible with IWB.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Im looking for a concealed lower back holster for my Taurus Millennium G2 9mm. Its the PT111. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any good ones that i can go look at. Thanks for the help.
Small of back? I'd recommend against it - if you fall back on it, it's hard to reach and it hurts like a son of a gun. Recommend hip carry (any hybrid would do). I've also been carrying in a belly band recently, and love it. You can turn it around to right above your hip too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive tried both the hip and the belly band holsters after about 5 five seconds it bugs me. My pants are tighter on the side and loser in the front n back. That's the reason im looking for a small of back holster. But I do appreciate the info :D.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I have to agree with StripesDude on this one.

Small of the back is hard to get to and hard to defend.

I carry a Glock 23 appendix (two 0'clock) inside the waistband with a High Noon Public Secret holster.

Easy to defend, easy to access and comfortable for average build.

photo.jpg Image 4.jpg
click image to enlarge....

Good luck in your search.

Regards,

FlaRon :urla9ub:

·
Registered
470 Posts
N82tactical professional holster. It has an adjustable clip so you can put it anywhere you want. I do not own this, but I have seen nothing but rave reviews and have one ordered.

Dale Fricke Archanle or CCC shaggy for AIWB carry. I don't own these, but they get rave reviews everywhere I look.

SHTFgear if you want a behind the hip holster. Comfortable, affordable, and VERY well made. I do own this and it is the most comfortable IWB holster I use.

I have spent more money on holsters then I have on my gun, and this is what I have narrowed it down to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some body builds aren't conducive to 3 O'clock holstering. I am one of them. 235 lbs and 5'11". I can carry my shield at 3, using a highnoon clip on that is thin. Anything bigger than that and I get pinching, etc. I'm pretty sure I could carry a howitzer at 5-6 o'clock, due to my build. I carry a 226 Extreme in a super tuck at 5 o'clock and its comfortable. I know it's there, but it doesn't bother me. I know there are potential tactical issues with SOB carry, but you can change your stance and make other adjustments to a threat and still be effective. If SOB is the only place you can carry, it's better than not carrying. Just practice your draw to get it smooth.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I will agree with Ron, if hip carry doesn't work you should try AIWB over small of back carry. I have moved to appendix carry almost exclusively; G23 in Dale Fricke Archangel or P229 in Garrett Industries Slim AIWB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts