Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Kimber Eclipse Pro II with custom ebony Esmeralda grips, 2 mags and case. The Kimber in good, but not mint, condition.

The offers I have on the table are:

1.) New S&W AR-15-optics ready

2.) Kimber Ultra Carry II + $100 (500 flawless rounds through the gun)

3.) Ruger 22/45 Mark III w/scope, XD 45 Compact and Rossi 4" 357 OR $200 instead of the Rossi.

I'm sort of up in the air, I've never fired an AR15, XD 45C or 3" aluminum Kimber, lol. In your experience what would you do if this were YOUR deal? I think I'm leaning towards #2.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Too many variables, but for ME, I'd go with the Kimber. That's just ME though.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I'd say it depends on your needs/wants. If neither of the rifles appeal to you, go for the Kimber. Personally, I might be tempted to go with option # 3.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really have any 'needs' per-se. I have always wanted an AR15, but right now I'm pretty much focusing on pistols. I did consider #3 for a season, and I'm still considering it, but Springfield is so foreign to me. The 10/22 would be good for my girlfriend. I don't really want the Rossi, I'd take the $200 instead.

I'm just not sure, I'm drawn to each option for different reasons. I'm likely to go with the Kimber, the owner says its in mint condition, which is even better than the Eclipse I'm trading. I just hate the finickiness of the Eclipse.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love AR's but with option 1 you're gonna have to put money into optics.

I'd go with option 3 +$200, the XD is a great gun plus you get a 10/22 to play with

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd go with option 3 +$200, the XD is a great gun plus you get a 10/22 to play with
+1. Everyone should have at least one 22 rifle. The XD gives you the option of using the compact mags, for carrying, or the standard XD45 mags with the sleeve and having a full size gun. I'm sure you can find something to spend the $200 on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts