Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
There are more than a few. I had a similar problem when I lived there. The sheriff's department had to release the names and good cause statements for all CCW holders in our county under a lawsuit. They did and insufficient personal information was redacted from both my wife's and mine, and we were instantly identifiable to anyone who knew us. To add insult to injury, the local paper printed a story about this on the front page with my wife's personal info (employment) listed in the first paragraph. Since she was the only person who held that type of job in the county, just about anyone could figure out who they were talking about.

·
Registered
20,097 Posts
I don't know how you can detect just one when the whole damn state is as crooked as a dogs hind leg.

·
Super Moderator
18,034 Posts
The data request was made in August, when a reporter for Southern California Public Radio (KPCC), an NPR affiliate, sought all information on Firearms Safety Certifications available from the California Department of Justice.

The information was released in October, and a clerical error gave the reporter wide access to the personal information of 3,424 firearms instructors -- whose dates of birth, driver’s license numbers and California identification numbers were handed over, according to NRA-ILA, the legislative arm of the National Rifle Association.
That is no “clerical error” but a serious breach of the Privacy Act of 1974, I volunteer on base and have access to personal information and it is something you do not give anyone just because they asked.

https://www.justice.gov/opcl/overview-privacy-act-1974-2015-edition

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
No one ever gets fired in a Democrat controlled bureaucracy, who did Obama fire? My son came home from school and recited the new California anthem to address the drought. If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down. We need to flush Brown and get these hippies out of the state offices, their corrupt and condescending disregard for the law is blatantly obvious. I really want the new US AG look into the corrupt nature of California's legislature and all office holders especially the CADOJ. They are openly flaunting their disregard for the 2a 4a and 14a.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I agree with others have stated........It was NO mistake, it was done on purpose.
What I would do is hire an attorney and start suit on everyone involved.
Of course, get an attorney that will take it on contingency.
Sue them in their professional capacity and personally.
Make them squirm and make them part with some of their $$.
That will get their attention!
It just never ends with these people!

PS: Years ago, the local rag here in Virginia printed everyones name and address in the State of Virginia that had a CCW. The rag sighted that the public had a right to know what neighbors were armed.....Of course, the rag is a progressive, liberal and dem loving institution. Needles to say the state lawmakers had to pass a law prohibiting the release of CCW'ers information. This is a sick world we live in.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
The letter also recommended the firearm instructors place a fraud alert on their credit. Since driver's license numbers are appealing to identity thieves, a fraud alert could prevent criminals from misusing someone's personal data.
The state of California should be paying for credit monitoring/fraud protection for every one of these individuals, on top of the lawsuits I hope they are hit with.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I know, I know, I'm in Southern Illinois so please don't hold Chicago against me. If anybody out there wants Chicago PLEASE feel free to take it...
Y'all need to give 'em everything north of Effingham & then succeed to...Kentucky!

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
I know, I know, I'm in Southern Illinois so please don't hold Chicago against me. If anybody out there wants Chicago PLEASE feel free to take it...
Understand, I did live in Peoria area and I know where you come from.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
A hunting buddy of ours lives near you, over in Mapleton. Nice area, awesome bucks, awful state politics.
I screwed up, I did live there, but left in 2004, for Arizona. I lived about 5 miles from Mapleton. And I love Arizona.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
No problem. Just hand over the personal information of everyone in the clerk's office and everyone at the radio station and we'll call it even.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
It is illegal here for any person working LE, DL agency, or any other employee to share or give any information about anyone having a CC license.

We go to the DL bureau to get pic and license done . Looks a lot of like our DL. Some folks at the DMV outlet (Dept of Motor Vehicles) there were openly making comments to people about "oh , here for your conceal carry permit" , and even a police officer commenting loudly about it there to someone. All employees had to be "re-educated" as to the law and to keep their mouths shut, or they could be charged. Even Police officer in a situation cannot advise or let the News , reporters, or anyone else know if the person did or didn't have a CC license. On a report, they cannot put that information down, because it's considered public information.

That happened because Newspaper wanted a list of everyone that had a CC license....... and there were arguments about it..... so the Legislature quickly passed a law, Gov. signed it, and it went into effect immediately .... to stop that kind of garbage.

A newspaper person / reporter cannot protect their source, because it's a crime for someone to give them the information ... and the reporter could be charged with the crime as well as obstruction of justice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts