Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my p95 back from ruger and decided to stipple it. It had zero traction Soni gave it a whirl. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but I have to say the results came out quite well . What do you guys think ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,994 Posts
Looks like a nice and even job, what did you use to create this stipple job? Also , why stipple the rear frame near the hammer?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Looks like a nice and even job, what did you use to create this stipple job?
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to try my hand at it with some Sig grip panels.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a nice and even job, what did you use to create this stipple job? Also , why stipple the rear frame near the hammer?
i used a weller soldering iron with a fine tip. The polymer of the p95 melts at a higher temp so it did minor melt to the surface of the gun. I stippled the area near the hammer purely for visual flow of the stippling job.

Reactions: SWIll

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got my p95 back from ruger and decided to stipple it. It had zero traction Soni gave it a whirl. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but I have to say the results came out quite well . What do you guys think ?

I think it looks great. I do not have the patience for that type of job though.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it looks great. I do not have the patience for that type of job though.
Lol... it took a couple of hours but it was worth it

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm about 100% sure I would have thrown something after about a half hour.
It wasn't bad... I pulled up justified on the computer and relaxed

·
Registered
197 Posts
It wasn't bad... I pulled up justified on the computer and relaxed

I do all of my own 1911 work EXCEPT for serrations. I know my limits when it comes to my patience level. Thats the only time I'll use a Smith except for some warranty work.

·
Super Moderator
18,994 Posts
I would not have added the back or the dust cover , trigger guard stippling , but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Nice workmanship but I think I would have confined the handiwork to just the grip areas.:smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts