Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I just recently joined the firearm community several weeks ago by purchasing a SA XD-9 Service, and I'm pretty happy with it. I have about 400 rounds through it so far and the only FTE was an untrained shooter that limp-wristed it. Anyways, about me. My name's Jake, I'm 21 and unfortunately I live in Milwaukee, WI. I think you all know why that's unfortunate :hand4: (I swear we'll get concealed carry like the rest of the country one of these times!) At any rate, I'm a US Marine (0311 for those who know) and I got back from my tour in Iraq about 5 months ago. (I'm the one on the right in my avatar) Umm, other than that, I don't really know what to say.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome!

Jake, welcome to our little corner of the internet. Thank you for serving our country, and I look forward to your contributions.

A couple of questions - could you explain your screen name, and what did you do in Iraq?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome aboard Jake. :smile:

Not sure but - did I see you'd joined THR too quite recently?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome Jake. Thanks for the time in the sandbox.
Keep the faith, all good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome Jake. Hope WI get their heads out of their fourth point of contact and allow CCW.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DirksterG30 said:
A couple of questions - could you explain your screen name, and what did you do in Iraq?
Hehe, I just took my screen name from the comedian Ron White, he has a couple stand up acts talking about his alias 'tater salad' that I found quite amusing. As far as what I did in Iraq, I am a member of 2/24, a reserve Marine infantry batallion from the midwest also known as the 'Mad Ghosts.' We were activated June of last year, did a 3 month work up in Camp Pendleton, spent 7 months in-country (our A.O. was just south of Baghdad in the 'triangle of death' :rolleyes:) Anyways, I spent 7 months over there running offensive ops, security, vcps, etc. Glad to be home though. P95Carry, yes, I also recently joined THR as well, thanx for noticing! :biggrin:

san antone rr said:
Welcome Jake. Hope WI get their heads out of their fourth point of contact and allow CCW.
Yea, that would be nice. Who knows, as of recently there's a little suspision about a campaign contribution to Doyle from Adleman Travel that might disrupt his re-election campaign, that will give us a better shot for sure!

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
tater_salad WELCOME

Welcome! :unitedsta
Get comfortable...shake the last remaining traces of that desert sand outta those combat boots...pull up a chair for yerself & join right in! :smile:
It's our absolute pleasure to have you here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you made it out of the sandbox OK.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Tater.. :biggrin: ...Sempre Fi, as I know what your M O S is. Hope you played plenty of "Rock-N-Roll" with those toys that Uncle Sam lends out to you Grunts and groundpounders ( I say that with greatest respect ) My younger Brother served in the Corps, 78 to 83 with 2nd ANGLICO at Camp Swampy. :biggrin:
Nuthin like callin in an Close Air Support or Air Strike, either with Cobras, FA 18s, Harriers, or a little A10 action. Remember, the perfect Marine battle is, a Marine Anphibious Landing, with Marine Air Support, and Navel Gunfire Support. :biggrin:
Thank you for your service to your Country :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to CombatCarry.com, tater salad. We'll keep our fingers crossed for concealed carry in Wisconsin. As others have said, thanks fgor your service and welcome back. :smile:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
As has been said, Welcome to Combat Carry.

And from one combat vet to another. Welcome Home, Well Done.

I was 5th SFG, 18B for the rest of you who might know what that is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do hope that WI passes their CCW laws. I also hope that the big towns do not nix CCW within their boundaries. If the state does it right they will preempt any local laws.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Welcome to the board, Tater. Here's hoping WI can push it through this time around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome Tater, do you have a Tater Tot? lol. I would like to thank you for your service to our country and for everything you have done for us. I have had several friends and family members go over there and thank the good Lord, they've all came home. Thanks again and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey all, I just want to say thanks to everyone that offered such a warm welcome to the board. It really feels good to be received that well. I am excited to be able to draw from such a great resource such as yourselves, and hope that through time and my own experiences, I can one day offer the same professional level of expertise. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the site, I am new as well. Nice to see that you have an XD9 too. And thanks for protecting our great country as a member of the Armed Forces.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.