Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

Registered
It varies, depending on the store and the market. The bigger stores (Costco, Wal-Mart/Sam's Club, Winco, etc) are optimized for high sales volumes and have the infrastructure to resupply large quantities quite quickly as long as there is product in their warehouses. The smaller stores, particularly independents, are having more difficulty keeping up with the overwhelming demand.

Intersting thing: For the past couple of weeks the hottest items have been TP, bottled water, and hand sanitizer. Now, in just the past few days, the zombie hoard has turned its attention to Top Ramen.
Confirmed. A few days ago I picked up the last box of ramen on the shelf at my grocery store. Since then I have seen none available. :mad:

Registered
I have been busy while this has been going on. I don鈥檛 know what people are doing in their free time. I think the only place I actually went inside today was a grocery store but driving around, everything was packed, people were out jogging and biking etc. seems to be business as usual for most people around here.

Registered
My other hobby is golf.The courses are open,but due to rotator cuff surgery the day after Christmas,I can't play for another 2-3 months.I am retired but I have a part time job at a local county
arena-event center working concessions and catering events,but needless to say that is on pause for at least a month.

Registered
I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies since they have been locked up and/or cannot go anywhere since everything is shutdown. I see lots of posts on FB where people are getting cabin fever. Many realize that their only recreation was going out to movies, to eat, to clubs, or to shop. They do not have any real hobbies to bide their time.

I have my guns, my bow, and exercising to keep me busy outside. I also love electronics and programming. I am working on a long term project now that involves a lot of hands-on with the electronics themselves as well as the programming and research. I do not need instant gratification (if I did I would buy a kit and assemble it). I prefer the learning part and hands on.

Too many people, young and old actually do not have any hobbies or interests. If the power went out they would just end up staring at four walls.

Thoughts?
I think you're right. For me, I have a bunch of books that need to be read.. as in over 100 of them. I also like to watch various things on my big screen TV. And I spend a fair amount of time playing my guitars. And there are a lot of really nice roads around the area where I live so I can take a nice ride in my driving machine. I'm not someone who gets depressed as I most always have a positive attitude about life. So this is more of an inconvenience to me that anything else.

But I am very concerned about my country. The economy, those who are out of work, businesses that may go out of business, and a bunch of other things we take for granted in normal life. Those are the things that do worry me and give me cause for concern.

Registered
So far I'm still going to work M-F shipping out all of the Chinese made products we sell! :icon_neutral: This weekend I made the decision to stay home. So far I have loaded 100 rds. of 223, tumbled about 700pcs. of 223 and still working on producing more of each. I still have several coffee cans of other calibers of brass to process and projectiles to load with.

Premium Member
My other hobby is golf.The courses are open,but due to rotator cuff surgery the day after Christmas,I can't play for another 2-3 months.I am retired but I have a part time job at a local county
arena-event center working concessions and catering events,but needless to say that is on pause for at least a month.
I get it. Been unable to play since July. Shoulder injury has me sidelined.

Reactions: BSides01

Registered
Where is the TP?! :mad:
You can find it on Amazon. It will take some searching and you will get "commerical" TP, like they put in commercial buildings and institutions, not store brands. But it's regular rolls, not the big dispenser rolls, although you could get that too if you wanted it. It also won't be immediate delivery. It might take a week.

Registered
My "hobby list"
  • Guns: doing some minor mods on my SD shotgun, dry fire, pencil technique, setting up a pellet gun range
  • Music: Practicing mandolin and tenor banjo for the mid-1800's period band I'm in. We are supposed to play a county fair on May 16. Hopefully that will happen.
  • Home: Endless list of projects
  • Exercise: My yoga studio is closed, but they post online classes, I ride my bike, walk my dogs and work out in my home boxing gym.
  • Reading: I just bought a bunch of Kindle books on personal security I'm working through.

Premium Member
Completely disassembled my M&P M2.0 and cleaned the trigger, trigger spring, etc. All those hard to clean places with just field stripping. Removed and cleaned the extractor, etc.

Discovered how small sear springs are to find on the carpet.

Now that it is clean, I want to go to the range.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Registered
I thought you said your hobby was writing and erasing Christmas card lists??

It used to be. I outsourced that task to China, some place called Whowan or something like that.

Reactions: MMinSC and OneGunTX

Registered
You outsourced to China? I am so disappointed in you. They do not celebrate Christmas in China.

Exactly--no emotional ties to members' names.

Reactions: MMinSC

Registered
I've been playing one of my guitars most of the past seven or eight hours, minus lunch. Had some fun playing some songs I haven't played in over a half year. Beau Brummels, Zombies, Terry Stafford, Del Shannon, Chad & Jeremy, Bread, Stones and others. It's fun and helps me keep my callouses, which I need when my jam group starts jamming again. I go between two of my acoustics and my favorite electric. Keeps the blood flowing and the hands happy.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts