Defensive Carry banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been playing one of my guitars most of the past seven or eight hours, minus lunch. Had some fun playing some songs I haven't played in over a half year. Beau Brummels, Zombies, Terry Stafford, Del Shannon, Chad & Jeremy, Bread, Stones and others. It's fun and helps me keep my callouses, which I need when my jam group starts jamming again. I go between two of my acoustics and my favorite electric. Keeps the blood flowing and the hands happy.
I don't play ,but I like your music choices.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I don't play ,but I like your music choices.
Thank you. Being 74, I came of age in the later 50's and all through the 60's... musically and otherwise. My musical tastes tend to run the gauntlet but are more attached to bands and singers such as Elvis, Buddy Holly with and without the Crickets, the Beach Boys, of course The Beatles and a host of other members of the British music invasion, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, The Everly Brothers, Alabama, America, Bread, Peter, Paul, and Mary, Simon and Garfunkel, Roy Orbison, and on and on. Just so many good performers. My first love is Rock, but I also like other forms and shame on me; I left out R&B, as in 60's Motown. So much good music there.

During the jam sessions there can be as many as 16 people present. Electric guitars and keyboards are not allowed. All guitars must be acoustic but electric bass guitars are allowed. Everyone takes their turn to do a song, play and sing, as the mike gets passed around. Some of the songs done are very interesting and when I don't know them, I just watch others who do and play along anyway. It's a ball. Been doing this for about a year now and it's the first time I have sung in public since June 1965, with one exception. Was in two bands in high school and the year following my senior year. I formed the second band, was lead guitar/lead singer and in 17 months we did over 150 gigs (used to keep a log book of our gigs). Had a blast. I would have played for free because it was so much fun.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts