Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had about $500 to spend, (performance award). I decided I was gonna get something, I had an M&P 2.0 in mind, Fullsize FDE. The shop was very full, which is not too unexpected, since we had that event happen in our area about a week ago.

I have to say, my opinion, it is a sad sight to see very inexperienced US Citizens buying firearms, at least that was my observation, but getting on with the discussion, since this comment will come back and bite me. (inexperience AR owner)

As I looked over some of the firearms, I ask about the ARs and looked over some low cost ARs from DelTon, (I have a DelTon, owned it for about 4 years now, no issues). I mention that I was interested in a new AR with no front and a full rail for an optic and 45 degree iron sights.

So they showed me a I.O. AR for $499.00, total cost was $540 & change. Filled out the paper, paid and I was on my way.

I did some research on this AR and found a lot of poor reviews for this company, but mainly for their AK variants, no so much for the ARs.

Does anyone have any opinion on this AR??

Pictures below.

20190810_125110.jpg

20190810_123251.jpg

20190810_211251.jpg

20190811_175625.jpg

·
Registered
34,547 Posts
Never heard of them, but Palm Bay is about an hour north of me.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I don’t know anything about their AR’s, but we used to sell their AK’s where I used to work and they were not good guns.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
IO ..Good luck is all I can say ..They dont make AK for a reason anymore ..Hint if your guns are so crap that you have to blame ammo for a post sample jamming that is not a good sign .

I would very very carfully check any part that can fail ...With luck they outsourced the parts and did not make there own ..I hope .... They are know for using beyond bottom of barrel work ...Both of there AK era factory tour videos are not on the internet anymore for a reason ( hint they were bad very bad I would call it near home gunsmiths it showed lot of grind to fit not following OSHA etc)

The only IO I have ever heard anything half ok about was stuff they just imported and 922r even then ...

It is a AR so the good news is unless they really messed up any thing out of spec or bad should be a easy cheep fix

Reactions: Nmuskier and Pete63

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
With all of the reliability bragging about AK's, IO was one brand to not touch. If they can't even get that right, I wonder how they will do with a rifle that cares about specs?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
BIG mistake!!! You should have gotten one with a Betsy Ross flag, just to tell Nike and Colin that they are responsible for the sale.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It is a AR so the good news is unless they really messed up any thing out of spec or bad should be a easy cheep fix
I would agree with that. I would think you have two potential types of problems (with any firearm):

1. Poor quality parts
2. Poor assembly

ARs are the "legos" of guns. Unless you get something exotic, all the parts are interchangeable. If you have any bad parts, you can replace them. The one part I would be most concerned with would be the BCG. As far as assembly, double/triple check that everything is strait and tight. While you should be able to buy a firearm and not have to worry about these types of problems, I enjoy working my firearms. My first AR was a Smith & Wesson M&P because although I was interested in building one, I was still apprehensive. After a few range sessions, the castle nut came loose. After deterring that sending it in under warranty would be a hassle, I just watched some videos on how to properly tighten and stake the castle nut. I then watched some more videos on builds and ended up selling that rifle and building my own. It was an enjoyable experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts