Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, and new to any forum for that matter.
This is the first topic that I have cared enough about to bother signing up to get access to info and comment.

I grew up with rifles, but always wanted a handgun.
Now that I have the means, I have my CPL for WA state and am looking at buying my first pistol.

A local gun club has an introduction class that I plan on taking soon to learn some basic skills.

I have a lot of questions, and a lot have already been answered by looking at old threads. But I don't know how to properly quote a previous response.

Any help with that would be great.

Thanks, and I am excited to be here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome !! I just joined today myself so am also new to the forum and am glad to be able to meet some great people on here. I've been around handguns for several years and hopefully i can be of some assistance to you too. You sound like you have the right attitude and idea of what you need to do. Take some classes, several if the oppurtunities arise. Learn to handle and shoot different makes and models to see what you are comfortable with and what is practical for your needs. Then purchase the gun of choice and practice over and over with it. "Fondle" it and get to know it, how it works and how to clean it. It's pretty basic fundementals but extremely serious and worth your time to become proficient. Good luck.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well! Wow! Interesting. With all of that being said...........we're excited to have you!

To quote a previous response, just click on the quote box in the bottom right corner of the particular reply. If you just want to quote part of it, or without the forum member's name being linked to it, just use the html standard for a quote. You'll see that appear once you've chosen the quote link at the beginning and the end.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lethal Stang. That's exactly what I intend to do. A local gun shop has a whole case of guns to rent, and I am working my way through them. Right now I am leaning towards the Sig P226 or P229. I have read a lot of good things about them both.

·
Super Moderator
18,143 Posts
But I don't know how to properly quote a previous resoponse. Any help with that would be great.
There are a couple of ways to do it.

One, is to click the "quote" button at the lower right hand of the screen. You'll see it right next to the "EDIT" button.

When you click it, it will show the whole quote in the reply box. You can either leave it as it or edit what you want to adress.

Another way is to highlight what you want to save and then right click to mouse which should show a box that says "copy" on it. Click it and it will copy what has been saved. Open the reply box and then hit "paste" and it will show up in the reply box.

Not hard to do, its pretty quick once you figure it out.

And, BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Administrator
21,365 Posts
I am new to the forum, and new to any forum for that matter. This is the first topic that I have cared enough about to bother signing up to get access to info and comment.

I grew up with rifles, but always wanted a hadgun. Now that I have the means, I have my CPL for WA state and am looking at buying my first pistol. A local gun club has an introduction class that I plan on taking soon to learn some basic skills.

I have a lot of questions, and a lot have already been answered by looking at old threads. But I don't know how to properly quote a previous resoponse. Any help with that would be great.

Thanks, and I am excited to be here.

Welcome! We're always happy to help out those wanting to learn. :yup:

As far as quoting goes, Hotguns all ready posted the meat and potatoes of it, but here's some more help:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/reference-how-forum/46122-forum-usage-tips-tricks.html

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.