Defensive Carry banner

I was Red Flagged

6757 Views 208 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Sister
I was Red Flagged on Weds. by a Fire Capt. she gave exaggerated words to claim i was a danger, this is all due to a disagreement on our yearly inspection walk-thru.

She came into our facility with an attitude from the first moment i said hello, she never even said hello back and i thought i am in for a good morning. Well within 5 minutes she said i needed panic bars on all my shop doors and i told her no i don't and i am not putting them on.

She said i will call the marshals on you i said whatever. This went on for a bit (15 mins) with her barking out orders and about locks on doors said i had to remove the locks, i than ask how door i keep bad guys out. She just would say she would call the Fire Marshals .

I told her to remove herself from my property, approx one month later bam. Then the first 10 minutes of two heavy armed fully geared FM's was tense they knew i was carrying they told me they did a complete background on me before this event, it was so tense i was shaking and they were watching me about two feet away at my front and my carry side.

I did the only thing i knew to do ask asked the officer on my right if he wanted my gun if that would make the situation less stressful. He said yes i told him i had an airweight in my right pocket and he reached into my pocket and retrieved it.

But after all that the inspection started and i was told by the un-armed FM & LT. i did not need panic bars, so instead of the captain finding out if i even needed panic bars she bared false witness on me as a solution.

I know this because i know someone in high office, he told me to obtain my records and she juiced up the information so i was going to be visited by armed officers for the best impact on me.
Power corrupts, and this is brutal and i am not the same guy i was before this event
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

· Registered
25,675 Posts
I can understand being irritated, but not to the point of shaking and stuff. Sounds like you were on the edge of things here.

Got to be cool under these situations and not let people get to you when you know you are in the right.

Why would you offer up something not asked for, especially your gun if you thought you were in the right?

· Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I offered the gun because every time i moved my hands the one officer kept clearing his throat, making noises. After 15 minutes he had my gun, he gave it back to me and we continued our conversation and their visit.
The two officers are not the problem the fire captain that lied about me is the real problem. I have a person i know within that department that she "exaggerated" which upped the level.

Offering the gun will be the one thing that will show i was no threat to anyone, i shake as i have aged this thing has started over the last year or so i am working with my Dr. on the matter. The shaking may be more brought on by health and my years of welding.

I am right and was right

All because of panic bars i did not need

· Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The captain had two choices:

#1 - Lie on her report and sick law on me

# 2 - go back to her office ask if i needed panic bars on my doors to see if she was doing the right thing or the thing she wanted to do.

She made a choice to lie, she never thought for a second why i was pushing back? I will win this fight i have contacted my senator and he said within a week he will get back to me, i have a lawyer seeking the FOIA paperwork

The insider says to get the records

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Pro tip: No matter how right you are, never argue with anyone making a government inspection. Be their best friend no matter what they say.
That's bad advice. Document any encounters as best you can, and deal with the errant person. Don't feed their lust, take steps to remove them if they keep doing things illegally.

· Registered
4,604 Posts
The captain had two choices:

#1 - Lie on her report and sick law on me

# 2 - go back to her office ask if i needed panic bars on my doors to see if she was doing the right thing or the thing she wanted to do.

She made a choice to lie, she never thought for a second why i was pushing back? I will win this fight i have contacted my senator and he said within a week he will get back to me, i have a lawyer seeking the FOIA paperwork

The insider says to get the records
I was going to say I would file a formal complaint before I seen you already had the ball moving.
These idiots that think they can just do whatever they want to the people need to be held accountable.

· Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's bad advice. Document any encounters as best you can, and deal with the errant person. Don't feed their lust, take steps to remove them if they keep doing things illegally.
Correct I stand up when right I knew that captain was about the dumbest human I have encountered and was in her position for the new woke agenda.

I will get her retrained , fired or the county will pay me or send letters out .
The 4 marshals that came to me Weds already in emails admit she was wrong.
they said she handled everything that goes against what they do. They were appalled

· Premium Member
50,204 Posts
Pro tip: No matter how right you are, never argue with anyone making a government inspection. Be their best friend no matter what they say.
Much like arguing with the cop when he tells you to step out of the car.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Anytime that you encounter the fire captain, you should record it on your cell phone. Use the voice recorder.

I had a state police sergeant advise me to record it, if I was ever stopped by the city cops. Always record.

Next time, stop her berating and tell her to call the Fire Marshall. Call her bluff.

· Registered
8,811 Posts
Be calm, be polite but be non compliant if you are indeed right. Your case will not be helped by at the scene bluster. Move it up the food chain assertively but with logic.

· Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Much like arguing with the cop when he tells you to step out of the car.
Mike not even close to the same. The captain was not a cop I did not even argue I told her I was not putting panic bars on. And I won’t. Funny how this plays out. My industry and building type did not need what she was citing. She could not produce or cite a code.

· Registered
82 Posts
Mike not even close to the same. The captain was not a cop I did not even argue I told her I was not putting panic bars on. And I won’t. Funny how this plays out. My industry and building type did not need what she was citing. She could not produce or cite a code.
Life might have been much easier if you had just said, "Great suggestion. I'll look into it right away."

· Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Sounds to me like someone she is friends with sent her to your place with specific instructions - maybe an irate customer, or liberal neighbor?

Reactions: Tenring1911

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Life might have been much easier if you had just said, "Great suggestion. I'll look into it right away."
Much easier, all the way around.
I can tell you haven't dealt much with people like this. Even being polite makes no difference. She's trying to throw her authority around and use it as a club to punish someone she doesn't like. Dealt with a food inspector like that many years ago.

You can NEVER appease them. Document and move on. She did not like the owner of Arby's and fined us for BS things. Other stores had food sitting out in the open in employee areas, in the mall I worked at, in violation of various health codes and never got fined. Never could get that person (refraining from more descriptive terms) fired.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts