1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
I never had a marlin that didn't please my expectations. Of any caliber or action.

The fun thing about that there gun, is you can make it anything you want. Put a telescope on it, and target shoot, or a smaller scope for field work, you have versatility, and a big fun factor/critter gitter.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun there. Post up some target pictures when you sight that baby in for 700 yards. :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Marlin is kind of like the Ruger of long guns, (along with Ruger themselves, who make some nice long guns). Somehow Marlin manages to make good solid performing guns at a very reasonable price. I wouldn't mind having a few more of both makers' offerings.

·
Super Moderator
20,257 Posts
Yer gonna catch it when the wife finds that picture of your toy on her coffee table!

OK, next task: show us how she groups! (Assuming you can find some ammo, that is.)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
KUDOS on the new 22! and Shazam that tele=scope is 1/3rd the size of the rifle you should be able to pick an flea of ah tree-rats butttt from at-least 878-yds!

Yer gonna catch it when the wife finds that picture of your toy on her coffee table! OK, next task: show us how she groups! (Assuming you can find some ammo, that is.)
:girlsh: Yes I would love to see the pictures of your wife's groupings of her rolling-pin head~shots! :hh30:

find ammo:
:banana: :rofl: :lolp: :rofl: :lolp: :rofl: :lolp: :rofl: :banana:

Can't go wrong with a marlin, or I should say a real marlin (a lot of bad about remlins, maybe they are better now).
Don't want to rain on your parade & hijack this butt yes. I'm trying to talk myself into ah Remlin 30-30 336C lever rifle; over ah Henry. Or maybe in ah 357mag?

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
ChadliusNH you can not go wrong with a Marlin. I have a small collect of Marlin 22's and my favorite is the Model 99M1.

Zamboni I have a Marlin 336 in .35 cal but I don't get much use out of it in south Florida, don't like to hog hunt and very few deer in my area.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well Done! I think that you made a great choice. I own 3 bolt action marlins. .22 LR., .22mag and .17hmr. Love em all. Let us know how she shoots for you!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Excellent choice and set up you have there. Congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.