Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish someone would make a pocket holster that covers both the trigger guard and the safety. (on my Sig 238)
I have a Nemisis and it doesn't cover the safety. I looked at a Fist, and it leaves a lot of space in the trigger guard. The Mika seems kinda generic, no moulding to the gun.
I don't want to buy so many and be disappointed.
I've looked at probably 15 websites and found them lacking (or unattainable) I found a beauty by Mat DeFatti, but the wait is 2 1/2 years, no thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
my carry gun is an XD so there is no safety, so i dont really have any experiance w/ this. But I would think it would be nice (aslong as trigger is covered) to be able to turn off the safety while still in the pocket. Let say your monitoring a potential BG, your hand in your pocket on your weapon... I'd want to be able to flip that safety off so when the SHTF I was ready to go.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
You could try talking to a holster maker to see if they can make a prototype. Also, Nate at UBG, has a pocket holster for that looks like it would cover both for you, and he has the 238 on his list of models: UBG Holsters

He does good work too.

As far as flipping the safety off in your pocket, I wouldn't do that. I carry full size 1911s, and have since I pretty much started carrying. My muscle memory is that the safety comes off during the draw, my thumb just naturally does it pretty much. The safety on the 238 operates in a similar manner, so I'd train so that your muscle memory develops so that you take the safety off on the draw, but thats just my opinion on it.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
^^^ What he said, NO saftey off in pocket. Do it as you draw ; )

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could try talking to a holster maker to see if they can make a prototype. Also, Nate at UBG, has a pocket holster for that looks like it would cover both for you, and he has the 238 on his list of models:
I have e-mails out to three or four makers who's product looks like a candidate.
I wish I had never seen the one from Matt Defatti in ostrich leg.
I would have paid anything, but the 2 1/2 yr wait is impossible.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something...I'm a simple man but...

This Fist #5 Pocket Holster... Fist Pocket Holster ...covers the trigger guard and the safety, if the safety is on the inside:blink:. I have several of them.:yup:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I wish someone would make a pocket holster that covers both the trigger guard and the safety. (on my Sig 238)
I have a Nemisis and it doesn't cover the safety. I looked at a Fist, and it leaves a lot of space in the trigger guard. The Mika seems kinda generic, no moulding to the gun.
I don't want to buy so many and be disappointed.
I've looked at probably 15 websites and found them lacking (or unattainable) I found a beauty by Mat DeFatti, but the wait is 2 1/2 years, no thanks.
That "...no moulding to the gun..." is an advantage, since it breaks up the gun's outline, helping with concealment!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't believe you would want any 'molding' in a pocket holster. You would want to be able to draw just the gun and not the holster.

Joe

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'm missing something...I'm a simple man but...

This Fist #5 Pocket Holster... Fist Pocket Holster ...covers the trigger guard and the safety, if the safety is on the inside:blink:. I have several of them.:yup:
When I looked at the Fist#5 web site I was not impressed with the "look" of the leather.
Some say the plastic used in the "thumb" part digs into your thigh.
I don't have one, but they were among those I looked at hoping for the "perfect" solution.
I wish their pictures were better.

Do you have a picture of yours?

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
my carry gun is an XD so there is no safety, so i dont really have any experiance w/ this. But I would think it would be nice (aslong as trigger is covered) to be able to turn off the safety while still in the pocket. Let say your monitoring a potential BG, your hand in your pocket on your weapon... I'd want to be able to flip that safety off so when the SHTF I was ready to go.
I'm with you on this one. I have a couple that have a safety, and that's exactly how I look at it. Also have the XD-SC and love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts