Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever caliber it was it sure didn't blow him off his bicycle and put him down.
Don't get me wrong I'm glad that he's OK but, just curious as to what exactly he got shot with.
Ouch! Was I just stung by a bee or a wasp? :confused:

Bicyclist Injured In Downtown Orlando Shooting

POSTED: 7:25 am EDT June 26, 2006
UPDATED: 12:32 pm EDT June 26, 2006

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Orange County deputies were on the scene of a bizarre shooting early Monday morning in downtown Orlando. One shooting victim was shot in the back as he was riding a bike. At the same time, a woman called authorities to say shots were fired into her home.

The sudden gunfire came as a surprise to a man out riding his bike on Lee Street near Kaley.

“He heard some shots fired and felt a sting in his back, got off of his bike and realized he'd been shot,” said Captain Al Rodriguez of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

The man was taken to the hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Deputies have no suspects, since they don't know where the shots came from. But the strange story doesn't end there.

“Moments later we received a call from a nearby residence where a gun bullet had pierced a homeowners' windows and we're investigating that as well,” added Rodriguez.

Deputies don’t know whether the shootings were some kind of bizarre target practice, or someone intent on committing a robbery or home invasion.

Investigators said the victim on the bike had no altercation with anyone and the gunman never approached him.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
sounds like a .25 ACP to me, you can do more dammage with a good wrist sling shot and a marble than you can with one of those.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I am thinking too a 22 of some sort - seeing as they didn't say. Maybe even higher power pellet rifle.

Some idiot tho playing games to help further smear the good name of sensible shooters. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Or plastic training rounds?

Or maybe plastic training rounds?

I bought some for my .303, not to shoot but to keep as a curiousity. Apparently they are low powered lightweight plastic rounds for training at indoor ranges. Wouldn't like to try that though.

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
Its possible that they were stray rounds fired from a long ways off.

I went on a call where a .22 bullet peirced a kitchen window and fell to the floor. It made a perfect little hole in the window and that was it. This was in a pretty remote place, not much around expect for pastures and woods.

Never did figure out where it came from.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Spent rounds, I'd venture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe it was a ricochet off the house that hit him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts