Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in NoVA, this past weekend, attending a party and helping a friend move. The trailer that was promised failed to show, and my friend needed to rent a small truck. He called a rental place in Sterling. Said he needed a one-way rental from Manassas, VA, to Silver Spring, MD. They said they had a truck available. He asked if the driver had to be the renter. Here's what they said:

"No. You don't even have to be here to pick it up. You can just send someone along with your credit card!"

It's just that simple, folks.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
My company buys me airfare and rents me cars all the time. I guess I missed what the problem is if any. They truck rental company stilll has to see a valid driver's license of the driver. The only thing is the source of the payment they receive.

-Scott-

·
Super Moderator
25,545 Posts
When I travel I use National and I make the reservation over the web, hop in the car and give them a credit card and drivers permit. Most of the time they don't even look at me to check my face with the picture on the permit.

Amazing..... Ain't it!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott said:
My company buys me airfare and rents me cars all the time. I guess I missed what the problem is if any. They truck rental company stilll has to see a valid driver's license of the driver. The only thing is the source of the payment they receive.

-Scott-
I was just surprised at how easy it would be to reserve a truck under an alias, send someone with a lost/stolen credit card, and have someone whose name doesn't match either the reservation or the credit card pick up the truck. I haven't needed to rent one in years, and I guess I thought it would be more difficult, especially after Oklahoma City and the original WTC bombing. No, it's not really a problem, just an opportunity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts