Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idaho CWL good for 5 years as of 7/1/06, just got signed in yesterday. Renewal only $15.00:congrats:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
This only changes the length of the perimit, correct. Mine is only good for 4 years from ID. What was the renewal prior to this.?? I didn't think it was that much????

It IS a good thing. Another year and cheaper renewal, can't beat that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,483 Posts
Good news Rick. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Idaho Bound

Ahhh, Idaho we (my wife and I) are getting ready to leave California and move to ID in the next few years. We have been visiting and looking for property and just love it there. We can't wait to leave Ca. In fact in a few months we are loading the motorhome and heading up there to visit some relatives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jarhead79 said:
This only changes the length of the perimit, correct. Mine is only good for 4 years from ID. What was the renewal prior to this.?? I didn't think it was that much????

It IS a good thing. Another year and cheaper renewal, can't beat that.
Ya now good for five years instead of four and cost $3 more was $12
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rugerman said:
Ahhh, Idaho we (my wife and I) are getting ready to leave California and move to ID in the next few years. We have been visiting and looking for property and just love it there. We can't wait to leave Ca. In fact in a few months we are loading the motorhome and heading up there to visit some relatives.
I moved from CA in 2000, where abouts are you looking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ppro said:
PatrioticRick

Why Rigby...

You could have lived in scenic Pocatello... :)

Paul
Pocatello
Wanted to be closer to scenic Yellowstone:smilez:, but yet still close to a hospital. Close to a city, but not in a city. And hey I look out my front window and can see the Tetons. Hey still go to Poky for Red Lobster:hand10:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Idaho Cwl

Patriot Rick

I caught something on the radio news on the way ot work today and I wondered if you knew of it.

Apparently a bill is in some stage of process (and is receiving support) that:

1. Supports the protection of ones property (as in residence)
2. Limits law suit cost recovery to the property owner (vs the transgressor) in that the property owner may recover costs of winning a suit but not the purp.

Have you caught anything on this in the last day or so ??

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,321 Posts
Does IDAHO honor a Washington resident CCW permit?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
23,557 Posts
clarkston_cz said:
Does IDAHO honor a Washington resident CCW permit?
Try looking here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

It appears they do - but as always - look at the state site yourself.

BTW - Welcome from North Texas! :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clarkston_cz said:
Does IDAHO honor a Washington resident CCW permit?
Yes we do, Idaho honors all other states CWL:image035:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ppro said:
Patriot Rick

I caught something on the radio news on the way ot work today and I wondered if you knew of it.

Apparently a bill is in some stage of process (and is receiving support) that:

1. Supports the protection of ones property (as in residence)
2. Limits law suit cost recovery to the property owner (vs the transgressor) in that the property owner may recover costs of winning a suit but not the purp.

Have you caught anything on this in the last day or so ??

Paul
Yes, that would be Idahos version of the Castle doctrine, already passed both houses and is on the governors desk waiting to be signed:banana:

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

RS 16170

The purpose of this legislation is to give a person immunity from
civil action for using force to defend his life, family or
property from those who would seek to harm them or for coming to the aid of another who is threatened.
This in no way is intended to apply to if such force is used against law enforcement officers. It would also allow award of reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of civil action if the court finds that the defendant is immune from such an action.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top