Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some websites that have IDPA info other than the IDPA homepage? I live in Texas so Tx IDPA websites are good too. I have to give an informative speech tomorrow in my 1315 Personal Communication class and I need 2 more internet sources. We could choose anything we wanted so I chose something I wanted to know more about and plan to get involved in.

Some other questions; can anyone go and watch, if so how much does it cost, do you have to buy a membership to compete or do you pay the fee at each compitition or is it both?

·
Registered
521 Posts
can't help ya with part on of yer post but for part 2..
I'm gonna be doing my first shoot sunday.i live in ohio.
the director told me no charge to view.
$15 to "play" each shoot/match. they like all shooters to a member of IDPA and thats $35 i think he said but you can shoot the first time without joining. he said if i come to watch bring my stuff cuz i'd regret not bringing it cuz i'd wanna shoot once i watched a little so i'm just planning on signing up and doing it.
it said 80-100 rd.'s and in my 45 it'd be about 20 bucks worth of ammo so thats more $$ than the sign up fee.

all the folks here said "go for it!"

hope somebody else can help ya with part one of yer post. but thats my take on yer second question

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ryan - no direct web links but, do suggest a search on that - it may well turn up some info.

My club has a $10 per round for competitors, and AFAIK any visitor coming along is welcome to watch. Our first should be next month but we usually kick off with a newbie session for those wanting to start. I also am sure we allow guest shooters to join in and compete as long as their competence is OK.

One guy last year got no further than thru stage #1 IIRC - thrown out for very poor muzzle control. We are HOT on safety to the max.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
[QUOTE='75scout]Can anyone give me some websites that have IDPA info other than the IDPA homepage? I live in Texas so Tx IDPA websites are good too. I have to give an informative speech tomorrow in my 1315 Personal Communication class and I need 2 more internet sources. [/QUOTE]

I dont wanna sound flippant, but how about this site and all the comments made by IDPA and Non-IDPA shooters?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if I can use a forum. It's due tomorrow and I'm procras
tinating. I'm just finishing it up now. I mostly used the IDPA homepage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts