Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shucks - I got to thinking - how I'd hate to meet most of the folks here if they turned BG! :wink:

Often we like to think or even assume, that your average BG is pretty dim and untrained - but sure as heck - if I was faced by most guys here I'd be runnin like crazy to get outa Dodge!

So - maybe from a training POV - it is best to assume, if indeed we make assumptions - that a potential adversary is ''the best'' - the only way to go!

Expect the unexpected! :smile:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Training makes you realize consequences for your actions.

Even if anyone here did bad things, chances are they would minimize civilian damage simply because it made no beneficial part of their evil plan.

Of course, for the amount of work I'd have to put into an evil plan, I should have gotten a third job instead. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Luckily, most BG's are in for the easy money/target because its less work. Yes, there are some that are smart and motivated. Even the guys in the North Hollywood shootout didn't aim or shoot that well. The PD just didn't have the right tools or leadership to handle the situation.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
To be honest if I wanted to go rogue, I'd sell every gun I had. I'd get rid of them all. I wouldn't want to be caught dead with one. Then I'd get a degree in chemistry, accounting, or law and be really dangerous. I wish I were kidding.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Euc - you are getting a fine cynical head on those young shoulders :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm not sociologist. But IMHO the absolute worse that you can ever do is to underestimate any potential adversary. Most(if not darn near all) BG's have been BG's all their crappy lives. They never once were IPSC or IDPA champions. How do you suppose that they learned to shoot? How did they learn tactics? How did they learn ballistics? BUT-----they are very "street wise". These pond scum never took a Thunder Ranch anything. They conduct their buisness in a manner that works for them. They(heavily) count on the fears of their next target. They know for a fact that they are the baddest MF in the valley. They know that you will wimper and cry at the sight of them. They know that mostly all the politicians and police have told the general public not to resist. Just hand over your car,money,body,or your life,without so much as a cross word to them. They know that these same politicians and LEO"s have taken away our means to protect ourselves. Take a look at what you CAN'T have to use to defend yourself with in some parts of this country.(baseball bats,walking sticks,golf clubs,chain,brass knucks,etc.,etc.) They(the BG's) know how to spot a vic. A big part of their training is observing human behavior. They know the signs of who is or is not an easy target(pray). Will a large bear take on a wolverine? Not if he doesn't have to. Finally, please reread my first two sentances of this post.---------

·
Registered
357 Posts
If CC member became BG

This is precisely why you should divest yourself of any and all firearms. You could snap at any time, without warning. You owe it to society to get rid of those evil guns!

Fortunately, I have established a home for wayward firearms. Send me your stuff and I will see that it has every chance to mend its evil ways. PM me for my address.

No charge, guys. It's the least I can do...

:biggrin: :biggrin:

SSKC

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SSKC - you should get another star for such magnanimity :biggrin:

To place yourself in a position of such suffering is truly heroic :banana:

Just sorry right now I can't take you up on it :wink:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ahem...But seriously folks...

One nice thing about CCW people: they have already been "vetted." Though we all know the hazards when we ASS-U-ME anything, the chances of one of us going to the dark side would be much less than other members of society, IMHO. I say this not so much because of the background checks and government blessing, but because of the attitude of those who go to the trouble to learn the law (as well as the law of the jungle), and to meet or exceed the standards of behavior for living among the civilized.

SSKC

·
Registered
146 Posts
Let us hope that would be an extremely rare bird. Lawful CCW permit holders turning into criminal would be used by the anti crowd in their quest to end not only conceal carry but private ownership of guns.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Apropos quote from Orson Scott Card:

Sickness and healing are in every heart.
Death and deliverance are in every hand.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lawful CCW permit holders turning into criminal would be used by the anti crowd in their quest to end not only conceal carry but private ownership of guns.
10:4 on that - and it is not something I would expect anyways.

I was really considering it more from the POV of just how good a potential adversary might be - wishing that should I come under threat unavoidably - it would not be a shooter of the caliber of most here :wink:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Well and honestly, most people with the mental capacity/sensibility to actually buy a gun and use it for anything besides a paperweight are probably extremely likely to either be people we should just let live, or at least more sophisticated criminals than common street hoodlums.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Personally, I think SSKC's last post hits the mark! Anybody who legally owns a firearm is quite unlikely to use it for non legal purposes.

But personally, if I were to go "Ronin" on you guys, I agree with Euclidean.
I wouldn't use a gun either. Most BG's purpose when using a gun is to stick it in somebodys face and say "Stick em up!"

Me, I've spent time wondering IF I went to the dark side, what would I do? ( I have to think like that sometimes to stay ahead of the BG's)

I'd stick to brainwork. Bad check writing, phony bar codes and the like. A cowardly approach yes. But it draws far less suspiscion and is more often successful.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Does that mean I have to attend BG school and experience prison love too? Do thay have any ranges?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
What WILL cause the people here to get shot/knifed/killed by the typical POS-BG is resolve or lack of resolve. What will you do when threatened? Assess,contimplate,talk,try to figure if he deserves what he is about to get(a bullet or two) or shoot. This is a HUGE part of the BG's "training". They have been conditioned to think that the vic will hand it over. (This is the reason that banks get "robbed" every day by a perp that has no weapon whatsoever.)Personally,this is what I'm counting on. This is a big part of my defense which will turn(in an instant) to my offense. When he crosses the line--- HE WILL DIE. This,without a doubt in my mind ! ---------

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Gun: I know a couple of clubs in California if you're _really_ interested in the rough stuff... did a sociology paper on it with the help of some "connected" friends. Drop me a PM. :)

For the rest, as they said when I was in EMT training, "treat for the worst, hope for the best". Most BGs have never had training and are influenced by "gangsta" movies & games, holding their weapon in all kinds of strange grips and pointing it at odd angles, "Jon Woo", etc. They also often assume that a "nine" is a magic wand, suddenly making them invinceable and everybody else afraid.

BUT I can't _assume_ the BG's an idiot. Have to make as sure as possible he's really a BG & a threat, then attack without mercy or warning, not stopping until he is DOWN and obviously OUT.

gunthorp said:
Does that mean I have to attend BG school and experience prison love too? Do thay have any ranges?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
There was a group of bank robbers running amok here in Nashville. It was often reported that they appeared to have weapons training and displayed tactics like they were well-trained professionals. Though there is a difference in appearing to have training and actually having training, I don't intend to underestimate my aggressor.

I just finished watching Larry Elder's Michael and Me, a documentary blasting Michael Moore's anti-gun "documentary" Bowling For Columbine. Larry Elder interviews various people and their thoughts on gun control. It was not surprising to hear, "Well, the bad guy is usually just as scared or even more scared than you, so he most likely won't use his gun on you." :rolleyes:

I can assume most Combat Carry members are some of the most levelheaded, cool and calculated people out there, and some have already seen the elephant and shot at it. Certainly not a bunch I'd mess with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts