Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock 23 hit a bit high, Glock 32 hit a bit low; Trijicon XDs on both.
Solution, swap the sights, minor height difference in them.
Had to tweak horizontal on the 23 after the swap, quit when it was good.
Stop shooting, let the Loctite set.
23c (non-ported 357 Sig barrel) got a horizon adjustment too. (XS Big Dot)
About 7-8 yards, aim-on/hit-on, definitely not that 6 o'clock crap.
I am very fond of that Glock 32. 馃榿

Premium Member
Reactions: Rock and Glock

Premium Member
Six o'clock hold works great with sights intended for it. Not so much on most modern carry guns.

Reactions: APX-9M

Registered
View attachment 356857
I like the 6 o'clock.

Registered
Many people mistakenly call bullet on top of the front sight a six o clock hold.

Registered
I have an old XS big dot on my Colt compact .45. After fifteen years the tritium insert needs replacing, but other than that, they work great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many people mistakenly call bullet on top of the front sight a six o clock hold.
I'll clarify.
Sight image on left 馃ぎ is intolerable, center and right are acceptable.

Registered
Not sure the sight picture would have made much difference. The 6 o鈥檆lock hold may have actually allowed you a tighter group.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@G-man* I really dislike 6'oclock hold, will not carry a gun that hits that way.

I was shooting offhand/unsupported, just checking POI after my sight swap.
What would help my shooting the most would be having 20/20 vision like when I was younger.
With glasses, a bit of fuzz on the front sight; I've tried to select sights that reduce the negative effect.
Without glasses a bit of fuzz on the target.
I wear glasses driving and shopping (read signs above isles easier) although during all the stupid china flu wear a mask crap I didn't wear glasses shopping because the placebo gaiter would fog them. Now, no placebo mask required, I'm back to wearing glasses shopping, usually. Anyway, I wear the glasses shooting so I know that if I have to defend myself while wearing glasses, I'm good. Having a bit of fuzz on the front sight is annoying, but I can live with with it for now.

Reactions: G-man*

Registered
@G-man* I really dislike 6'oclock hold, will not carry a gun that hits that way.

I was shooting offhand/unsupported, just checking POI after my sight swap.
What would help my shooting the most would be having 20/20 vision like when I was younger.
With glasses, a bit of fuzz on the front sight; I've tried to select sights that reduce the negative effect.
Without glasses a bit of fuzz on the target.
I wear glasses driving and shopping (read signs above isles easier) although during all the stupid china flu wear a mask crap I didn't wear glasses shopping because the placebo gaiter would fog them. Now, no placebo mask required, I'm back to wearing glasses shopping, usually. Anyway, I wear the glasses shooting so I know that if I have to defend myself while wearing glasses, I'm good. Having a bit of fuzz on the front sight is annoying, but I can live with with it for now.
Well, I suppose you have your reasons for disliking a certain sight picture.
One of the reasons I prefer it is because of the fuzziness that eyeglasses cause with the front sight.
It allows me to see where the front sight is at all times when it is doing the natural drift that everyone has to some extent when shooting unsupported by a rest of some type.
I prefer it because the location of the sight can get lost, or, partially obscure the target depending on size and distance. Basically, 6 o鈥檆lock gives me a more consistent sight picture at all distances with a relatively inconsequential POI difference.

But, as with all things shooting, there is no one size fits all solution.

Reactions: Rock and Glock
1 - 18 of 18 Posts