Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's one of the first in country, the new Beretta Laramie loosely based on the S&W Schofield and Russian top-breaks in .45LC. Serial is in the low 40s.

I'd rather it have been in .44 Special, but I can't have everything.

This is the cowboy gun I always wanted and should be a hell of a good time with the Webley.

Pay it no mind I have a 1927A1 semi coming tomorrow that I've already paid for. I don't need no stinking Christmas presents for myself now I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Oh my - love top breaks - I like my ol' Webley MkVI for that as much as anything - quick ejection too.

Lovely piece Robert - handsome in the extreme. And no - no more presents, your Xmas came early :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
how does it balance in the hand compared to a Colt SA or clone? I see the combat advantage to the S&W but surelike the Colt SA lines. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Super Moderator
25,561 Posts
Nice!

The only top break I have is an old .32 that was my Grandfathers. It's marked "Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works". :smile: It's also marked "PAT. June 16.96", that's 1896 of course.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
The only top break I have is an old .32 that was my Grandfathers.
Haha, the good 'ol Ivor Johnson. I have one of these old purse fiends - and it's seen better days LOL!

Made a new mainspring for it and (after a fashion) it shoots!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Balance smokes the Colt SAAs I'm used to and it points better for me than the SAA where I'm always vertical stringing man supreme.

I also just don't really like the gate-loading design and am a top-break snob if it's single action.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I am intrested, will have to check em out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts