Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If you could afford ANYTHING bar none, what’s your ULTIMATE concealed carry handgun?

Must not require NFA tax stamp.
This is a variation on the old "what one gun" question.

Needs to be something actually made. Fantasy guns are pointless. Forget your Steyr GB in 10mm. Nobody makes a 11 caliber Webley Electric, with a 100 round magazine of steel needles it shoots at 10K FPS in single shot, 3 shot burst and continuous. Forget it.

The answer's going to depend on the answerer.

Hmmmm.

I would go with a variation of what I'm carrying right now. Ruger LCR or LCRx, 3", .9mm or .357 Magnum. Fit it with a Crimson Trace lasergrip, red or green, whatever. Fit it with a combo green fiber optic and tritium front sight.

Done.

It's realistic, and realistically carryable. Folks actually make good holsters for it. They actually make speedloaders for it.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That’s a strategic question. While some may say “I want one of those 1911s made out of meteorites that cost $10k”, what happens when you have to use it, the cops take it, and some evidence room attendant kicks it across the floor.
That said, I’d like a Wilson Combat EDCX9. Although $3k is a big risk for a carry gun, I’ve salivated over these for long enough, if money were no object.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well, since it's unlimited cash, then I would buy an eyesight upgrade... Mine are 60 years old and working less every day. I would also buy a steady hand upgrade as well... The two I have now seem to be loosing their steadiness....

I guess I might look into the spinal refurbishment as well as mine has lost some of it's elasticity...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Springfield TRP Operator 😎

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Ok I am old school ....

If we could do NFA :

1. Browning hi power full auto ( they are a few legal ones in the US)
2. s&w 59 full auto
3. Maybe for giggles a mac11 in a shoulder holster ..

Non NFA

1. P7M13 with night sights and proper wood grips
2. s&w blood work edition wheel gun

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I already have my 'money is no object' concealed carry in my Dan Wesson Vigil Commander. With that said, I would consider getting a 2 1/2" Python as a BUG.

·
Super Moderator
18,883 Posts
I've already afforded the acquisition of several additional "ultimate" concealed carry handguns through the years, but ol' Smith & Wesson Model 10 still gets the call often as not.

Can't get real concerned about seeking an ultimate.

·
Registered
42,861 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I could find one for sale, a Dan Wesson ECP in 9mm

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
An XM1 hands down the ultimate concealed carry weapon.

OK, so I'm the one concealed and it does the carrying...

Reactions: ExSoldier

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That’s a strategic question. While some may say “I want one of those 1911s made out of meteorites that cost $10k”, what happens when you have to use it, the cops take it, and some evidence room attendant kicks it across the floor.
That said, I’d like a Wilson Combat EDCX9. Although $3k is a big risk for a carry gun, I’ve salivated over these for long enough, if money were no object.
That’s exactly the way I felt about my (still in for repairs) Wilson Combat Carry Comp. I’ve wanted one all my life. Could finally afford it and placed the order last August. I put some initials on the slide near the hammer. R.E.D. My own initials would be J.A.K. RED is for those who come after me, to remember the important stuff:
Remember
Everyone
Deployed

OR

Replace
Every
Democrat

OR

Retired
Extremely
Dangerous (which is the one I like best!)

I think I may add another 1911 that’s in honor of some of my best friends who also carry this and it was named for them: The Ed Brown Special Forces edition 1911 in 45 ACP.
Springfield TRP Operator 😎
Like this one?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That’s exactly the way I felt about my (still in for repairs) Wilson Combat Carry Comp. I’ve wanted one all my life. Could finally afford it and placed the order last August. I put some initials on the slide near the hammer. R.E.D. My own initials would be J.A.K. RED is for those who come after me, to remember the important stuff:
Remember
Everyone
Deployed

OR

Replace
Every
Democrat

OR

Retired
Extremely
Dangerous (which is the one I like best!)

I think I may add another 1911 that’s in honor of some of my best friends who also carry this and it was named for them: The Ed Brown Special Forces edition 1911 in 45 ACP.

Like this one? View attachment 356818
Nice!😎

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well, since it's unlimited cash, then I would buy an eyesight upgrade... Mine are 60 years old and working less every day. I would also buy a steady hand upgrade as well... The two I have now seem to be loosing their steadiness....

I guess I might look into the spinal refurbishment as well as mine has lost some of it's elasticity...
I turned 64 on May 11th. I can appreciate that sentiment. My workaround is CT Laser Grips w/green beam AND Trijicon high visibility night sights all around.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The thing people miss out on is the fact they see dollar signs and don’t compare them to the worth of them and their family. One of those Meteorite 1911s is worth far less then my loved ones.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've never let price be a determining factor in any of my gun purchases for CC/OC. For me it's a Kimber SIS Ultra (3.5") in a DM Bullard "Body Guard" holster (25 degree forward cant) and matching mag pouch.

·
Registered
20,537 Posts
Cost of a gun is meaningless….

Cost of proficiency is priceless.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Wilson combat edcx9

Edit to say: I love and edc my hellcat. It fits like a glove but the Wilson is next on my list. Will probably not get carried much at all. I work in Memphis, TN and work in several places you aren’t allowed to carry and you get searched therefore leaves me locking it up in my console. Not ideal for a 3k gun!!

I’m not saying my family or loved ones are not worth $3000, I have plenty of other cheaper options that I carry currently. Just answering the question of if money was not an object right now, what gun would I purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 101 Posts