Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really for the CC'ers here. If open carry we're the only legal way to carry a weapon, would you still carry? Why or why not?

I prefer CC myself, but I would OC if it was my only option. I still do on my property and at the repair shop where I work. A gun on the hip is better than none at all. Maybe it would help promote better OC etiquette.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
7,794 Posts
Yes, and without a moment of hesitation. And I am a CC'er.

I have no issues with OC. I don't do it because 1) I like to go unnoticed and 2) it would require me to do something different from what I do now.

One reason is rational and another is a personality fault. You choose.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Absolutely

·
Banned
706 Posts
Since this was primarily for the CC'ers I'm probably interjecting myself needlessly. I have no problem openly carrying; in fact I and about 70 others did so en masse at the Georgia State Capitol last Monday, the 24th. We gave a warm Southern welcome to Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG/NoMoreNames bus tour. AK's, AR', Mosins, muskets and FN's, oh my.

Unfortunately, it seems that da Mayor's bus had a convenient break down and couldn't make it to the reception.

·
Premium Member
7,794 Posts
Since this was primarily for the CC'ers I'm probably interjecting myself needlessly. I have no problem openly carrying; in fact I and about 70 others did so en masse at the Georgia State Capitol last Monday, the 24th. We gave a warm Southern welcome to Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG/NoMoreNames bus tour. AK's, AR', Mosins, muskets and FN's, oh my.

Unfortunately, it seems that da Mayor's bus had a convenient break down and couldn't make it to the reception.
Awesome! This one slipped by me! Got to peek in on my native brethren more often!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Premium Member
34,311 Posts
For my first 48 years, OC was the only legal option in Ohio, and was something I never did. I doubt if I would do it in the future, either.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
yes, but i would switch to a retention holster and a full sized gun, and change to 3`o clock instead of 5`o clock for quicker draw and better retention. possibly even a plus sized gun, not a desert eagle or anything like that but perhaps a USP expert or a long slide 1911. if it`s gonna be out in the open might as well be something fancy.:image035:

Reactions: carracer

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I feel open carry is not for me. But if that were my only option, I would. I had hoped Texas would legalize OC this year. It did not happen. It should be an option for everyone. My only question would be" how do you know the person you see carrying is a good guy or a bad guy"? Were you to see a scruffy-looking guy open carrying in front of you while in line for a movie. Would you still take your family in to see the show. He may be an off-duty or undercover LEO, or someone who just didn't have time to clean up before going out. But it would concern me. If I did not see the gun I would never know he was armed, and he wouldn't know I was. Maybe I should read down a few more threads. HKdog seems to have already started this topic. And the discussions are quite good.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Great, that would mean carrying any pistol I own easy as pie.
Just what I was thinking! I prefer CC, but if I couldn't i'd OC, and the silver lining would be "might as well carry the big ones!"

Reactions: WINTEJER000

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I feel open carry is not for me. But if that were my only option, I would. I had hoped Texas would legalize OC this year. It did not happen. It should be an option for everyone. My only question would be" how do you know the person you see carrying is a good guy or a bad guy"? Were you to see a scruffy-looking guy open carrying in front of you while in line for a movie. Would you still take your family in to see the show. He may be an off-duty or undercover LEO, or someone who just didn't have time to clean up before going out. But it would concern me. If I did not see the gun I would never know he was armed, and he wouldn't know I was.
Personally I'd feel safer seeing the gun. Few people are dumb enough to OC a weapon they plan to use for a crime, and those who are, are likely to screw it up anyway.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts