Defensive Carry banner

Would you OC if that was your only option? (Question for the CC only crowd)

• Yes, I would OC if that was my only option.

Votes: 141 89.8%
  • No, I would not OC if that was my only option.

Votes: 16 10.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who CC only(which includes me). Would you still carry if you could only OC?

If you already OC at all, no need to respond. Just curious about the CC only crowd.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Hmm, I'd have to think about this for a little bit. I'm not a fan of OC at all.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I suppose that I would OC, but I certainly would carry less frequently. I'm glad I don't have to choose when and where I would carry.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
I'd have to agree with the others. I've only OC'd once, and it felt weird.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
If my choice is to OC or not (legally) carry at all? I'll OC. My desire to be able to defend myself & my loved-ones trumps any resulting OC downside scenerios. IMHO, seeing a handgun solves more problems...than it causes.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I prefer to CC so that I don't lose the element of surprise but if OC was my only option I would OC. My main goal is to protect my family and myself and you can't do that if you don't carry.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Yup probably but I would consider the ramifications and be much more conscious of certain actions.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Unless I’m in uniform, (and that was a long time ago) hunting, or outside an urban area in the big woods, I don’t like to OC.

As a civilian our biggest advantage is our CCL surprise. When open carrying a BG approaching you knows you’re armed, and is prepared for it.

Further OC in most urban areas bring unwanted attention to one’s self, and I don’t like that. So to answer your question, I would almost never carry if I had to OC.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I voted yes. Just like when I started CC years back. I got over the "everybody's watchin me" feeling and I'm sure I'd be just fine with OC after a short time of transition. :hand10:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I live in a OC state,.. I rarely will OC,.... I prefer sheeples not knowing they are inches away from a ..... ... .... ... .... ... Wait ... .... ... .... ... .... ... .... Wait .... ... .... ... .... it is coming,... ... .... ... .... ... .... GUN!!!! :aargh4::gah: :yup::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
OC is not for me. But, if its the only optiion..........well I'm going to have to think about it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
As a civilian our biggest advantage is our CCL surprise. When open carrying a BG approaching you knows you’re armed, and is prepared for it.

Further OC in most urban areas bring unwanted attention to one’s self, and I don’t like that. So to answer your question, I would almost never carry if I had to OC.
When a BG is selecting a victim and knows you're armed, he will simply turn away and find someone else. The approach stage doesn't happen until the predator has weighed the pro's and con's of an encounter.

Why would a mugger try and mug me when there's a great chance of death. Nobody likes those odds. Especially not when dealing with ones life.

99.9% of criminals don't have a death wish and don't go around trying to disarm people who are openly carrying firearms.

You'd be suprised. When you're OC'ing almost nobody notices.

Maybe your experience was different, then again, you were wearing a uniform and a big shiny badge... talk about a way to get noticed..

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I'm not a fan of open carry in citys, towns, urban areas. I consider it tactically unwise. I have done a fair amount of it on horseback or on foot in the mountains and deserts. I could and would do it if I had no other option.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I don't even really tell people I own guns so doing OC would be impossible for me.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I don't think much of OC .You tend to stir up a lot of unwanted attention. I guess it would depend on the circumstances at the time.When I go CC I do not have any problems and carry where I want to.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The question was not CC or OC. The question was if OC was the ONLY option, would you carry?

For all those who said no way I would OC, I have to ask a question.

Is the purpose you carry to protect yourself and your family or to express some feeling of bravado, ego, or other deficiency?

If the purpose is to defend yourself and your family, and your ONLY option is to OC, then how can you NOT carry? You're saying that your family's safety is second to something else?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts