Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bullet design would you contemplate?

I have to think back to the Webley .455 ''man stopper'' - which was a double ended lead hollow base wad cutter IIRC - sorta seems to ''fit the bill'' quite well!

I know we have a great choice of HP's and solids these days but - any exotic fantasies out there? :wink:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Id say something like an extended wadcutter with a hollow cavity taken all the way to the edge. I bet that would expand like crazy. Probably would suck for accuracy though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would love a full wadcutter in 9mm. It is one of my pet projects that gets some attention when I have time. Getting closer each time.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Actually, if you ever DO decide on sticking with only one bullet shape and style...and one overall cartridge length & power loading...and that would be any bullet shape & any bullet style - and you're willing to shoot only that one cartridge in that pistol....then you can have your Colt 1911 "custom tuned" to feed it...fire it...and eject it with 100% reliability.
That would include full wadcutters.

You might have to have your magazine feed lips specially tuned/altered and play around with your recoil spring power and whatever else might be involved but, it sure is possible to get a 1911 to feed absolutely anything up to and including empty cartridge cases.

It's when shooters want and expect their semi~automatic pistol to feed EVERY cartridge/bullet type & configuration that certain reliability problems surface.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A 1911 chambered in .308, with depleted Uranium cores...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Battlecarry Sabot....

dimmak said:
A 1911 chambered in .308, with depleted Uranium cores...
LOLOLOL +1 Hell yeah!!! Talk about penetration! You never know when an M1A2 will pull a drive-by on ya. :gah:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A very soft lead bullet (there's a reason they were outlawed for armies) with a very sharp, hardened, depleted Uranium spike in the center, to handle body armor, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts