Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Oh come on now! You can't shoot ANTIFA protesters who violently attack you. At least not until all the law enforcement is disbanded. Then it is open season with no bag limit.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
I am sure they are going to try to say that the defender provoked the fight, which takes away the SD defense and makes it a bad shoot. Whether that flies in court remains to be seen.

I will say that the lure of getting an SD legal plan is starting to look more attractive with all that is going on.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. Other accounts are referring to the shooter as a vigilante.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Any act of self-defense can be made to sound like vigilantism.

Reactions: baren

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
There are videos that provide more context. In short, it appears the guy was being a jackwagon and tossed a lady to the ground, and the crowd turned on him.

I'm not saying what the guy did was unlawful; but he was definitely signed up for the Three Stupids club.

·
Premium Member
33,904 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. Other accounts are referring to the shooter as a vigilante.
Do you carry a gun?

Are you white?

Do you oppose the destruction of private or public property by those pushing, promoting or reacting to a social re-engineering program.

If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, you are a vigilante.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was going to post this with the title, "Carry enough gun".

The video definitely makes one think about weapon choice and training. I think it's a good shoot.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
There are videos that provide more context. In short, it appears the guy was being a jackwagon and tossed a lady to the ground, and the crowd turned on him.

I'm not saying what the guy did was unlawful; but he was definitely signed up for the Three Stupids club.
This is what I read as well. However, I also read that the woman he shoved had just shoved one of the other “militia” members. It’s going to be difficult to figure out who started the shoving match, without some quality video.

I also read that he was not a member of said “militia.”

If it turns out that he started the fight, it’s going to be very hard for him to argue self defense.

As always with these things, it’s best to wait for the facts, and understand videos can lie based on the editing.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
"If it turns out that he started the fight, it’s going to be very hard for him to argue self defense." ~ @10thmtn

Demonstrations and/or riots are not a good place to stand around armed w/ pepper spray and a pistol if you are on the opposing side of said demonstration/riot. He's a civilian. He's going to get roasted in the press and in court, probably, even if it was what many here will consider "a good shoot.". Hope he has a good lawyer.
Maybe he should have stayed out of the situation all together and watched the whole thing on TV like the rest of us....

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
"If it turns out that he started the fight, it’s going to be very hard for him to argue self defense." ~ @10thmtn

Demonstrations and/or riots are not a good place to stand around armed w/ pepper spray and a pistol if you are on the opposing side of said demonstration/riot. He's a civilian. He's going to get roasted in the press and in court, probably, even if it was what many here will consider "a good shoot.". Hope he has a good lawyer.
Maybe he should have stayed out of the situation all together and watched the whole thing on TV like the rest of us....
Basically, it’s going to boil down to...did he go to counter protest (completely legal) while armed for self defense (also legal), or did he go looking to start a fight.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Basically, it’s going to boil down to...did he go to counter protest (completely legal) while armed for self defense (also legal), or did he go looking to start a fight.
Yes, it's legal to counter protest armed for SD. A good idea in the present political climate? That's for each of us to decide. Me -- I'm stayin' out of it. Yessirree. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
It's entirely too easy to get caught in a bad situation when you're out and about these days, never mind COVID-19. Just trying to drive to your destination in a city is presenting real risks.
Here's an article about someone who was just trying to drive down a street and was blocked by a small group of protesters. Note that one of them is carrying a skateboard and keep in mind how the skateboards have been used by the rioters. In this case, things didn't turn violent, but they could have. How would you have reacted, as the driver did?

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
He should have stayed home. If he went to the protest looking for trouble, he found it. The protesters were certainly looking for trouble and they found it also, although not in the way they probably intended! The shooter had no connection with the armed group present. But look who has mud on their faces, the armed group! Anarchistic protesters have all the media's backing while law abidding citizens trying to protect property are pilloried! Now the police department is being scrutinized for not preventing the shooting of the protester! Where does it all end, in a gift basket for a personal injury attorney?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts