Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course we are being bombarded with cries for new laws to prevent mass shootings. If I could grant a wish to someone who wants to enact these laws, and give them the power to go back in time before the shooting and enact any gun law they want to stop the shooting what would it be? I can't really think of one and haven't found an answer to the question. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Of course we are being bombarded with cries for new laws to prevent mass shootings. If I could grant a wish to someone who wants to enact these laws, and give them the power to go back in time before the shooting and enact any gun law they want to stop the shooting what would it be? I can't really think of one and haven't found an answer to the question. Thoughts?
I dunno - make murder illegal ??? That might work...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno - make murder illegal ??? That might work...
I know what you are saying, but I am genuinely confused as to why this is not driving the debate. I haven't even seen this question asked of anyone who wants more "common sense" gun laws. It appears no one has the balls to ask. That is troubling. Maybe i missed it though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I know what you are saying, but I am genuinely confused as to why this is not driving the debate. I haven't even seen this question asked of anyone who wants more "common sense" gun laws. It appears no one has the balls to ask. That is troubling. Maybe i missed it though.
I have asked this, and all they do is divert and keep saying things like, "nobody needs... (insert worn out old scary rifle argument)."

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Okay, I'll play... if I believed gun control worked (which I don't), I'd say "I'd go way back in time and make assault rifles (remember, I'm channeling an anti) illegal in this country before they were everywhere. Without those weapons of war a person wouldn't have the ability to kill as many people as fast. That way when he had to stop and reload after his 10-round clip (channeling) was empty someone could jump him and stop the slaughter."

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Reef, what is driving the debate is hysteria.

It is driven by a leftist Administration, a leftist Democrat party, and a compliant/supportive Leftist Media Machine.

But I repeat myself. For them, taking away your civil rights is only "common sense."

The facts do not actually matter; only the Narrative matters. It's just that simple.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have asked this, and all they do is divert and keep saying things like, "nobody needs... (insert worn out old scary rifle argument)."
No one "needs" anything except food water and the means to regulate body temp. I want to know why this question is not being asked in the senate, house, and talk shows debating the topic. If it has has anyone actually given an answer. I guess I am expecting too much in having a debate against a side who's responses are emotional based (anti gunners). Just pondering.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reef, what is driving the debate is hysteria.

It is driven by a leftist Administration, a leftist Democrat party, and a compliant/supportive Leftist Media Machine.

But I repeat myself. For them, taking away your civil rights is only "common sense."

The facts do not actually matter; only the Narrative matters. It's just that simple.
Unfortunately this, but i want to do my part to make sure this does not prevail. You have a percentage that actually hate gun owners, but there is a sizable population that will listen to reason if it is put in front of them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I'll play... if I believed gun control worked (which I don't), I'd say "I'd go way back in time and make assault rifles (remember, I'm channeling an anti) illegal in this country before they were everywhere. Without those weapons of war a person wouldn't have the ability to kill as many people as fast. That way when he had to stop and reload after his 10-round clip (channeling) was empty someone could jump him and stop the slaughter."
That may resonate with the anti and soccer moms.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Unfortunately this, but i want to do my part to make sure this does not prevail. You have a percentage that actually hate gun owners, but there is a sizable population that will listen to reason if it is put in front of them.
I wish this were true, reef, but I'm not sure I believe it to be true. If true, how did we get the Dear Leader we have, and for not one but TWO terms ?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I do not believe there is such a law that would help our situation any better (or be enforced any more effectively) than the one we already have, The Constitution.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nothing that would actually work.
But there are lots that would work on people who weren't really motivated. But, the results would look like Nigeria, Venezuela, Cambodia during Pol Pot, China, Russia, etc.

Consider that England has VERY restrictive gun laws and one of their MPs was just shot and knifed to death. I can't find out what sort of gun it was, but odds are 99% that it was illegal. Even if it was legal, it shows that drastic gun control doesn't work. Or France. They have very restrictive gun control. The automatic weapons used were illegal in France, and also in the country that they were smuggled in from. Failure on so many levels.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I would not enact any laws.
I would remove about 22,000 laws to make our country a more dangerous place for terrorists,murderers and criminals in general.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Mandate that everyone be armed at all times in all places. Allow the first line of defense (which is the people) to shoot them to the ground without fear of prosecution and mass shooting would stop Or at least the body counts would go down considerably....

Reactions: 10thmtn

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can't legislate morality.
You can legislate morality. We do: Don't kill, don't steal, etc. And with punishment attached, it is a deterrent. But, if someone is willing to take the chance on punishment, then, they will break that law.

The problem with Progressives is that they think that you can legislate obedience. If this law doesn't bring about obedience, then, we just need to be more restrictive. It's a never ending failure.

Another problem that leads to failure in this case (of a Muslim terrorist murder spree) is that most of us do not want to die. And most of us have internal ethics that restrict us from murder. But, Muslims are indoctrinated to believe that there is a reward for killing infidels. So, if they die killing non Muslims, it atones for their pitiful lives and they get a reward in heaven. It's a great motivator for a Muslim whose life ain't to great. There is NO law that can prevent this sort of moral travesty.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Ban liberals.

GeorgiaCarry

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Words cannot mandate behavior. Laws cannot mandate behavior. Never have words mandated behavior compliance in the known history of man.

Force. Force is the tool required to mandate compliance. Criminals know this. Conservatives know this. Libtards refuse to believe this.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts