Defensive Carry banner

Primary method of concealment for bigger than pocket gun.

• Untucked shirt

Votes: 74 92.5%
  • Tuckable holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 6 7.5%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm retired and my shirt is happily chronically untucked, concealment IWB is no problem.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Haven’t tucked a shirt since 2004, unless the very rare times I have had to wear a suit. J-Frame in waist and another in pocket 99% of the time.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Been about that long for me too . Look at Latin / Island square tail shirts , polo shirts and some T shirts that are cut fuller like Carhartt Delmont label makes IWB easy . I used a MTAC iwb holster for 17 years warn at 3:00 adjusted for a high carry position and my arm aids with concealment too , I am 5-9 210lbs and can carry a commander m&p 4.25 full size or a P320c under one lay only , The P320c with a compact x series grips smaller still and I can get by with only the carhartt T so a smaller compact or sub compact double stacks are a breeze . You just have to start somewhere . It is different for most all of use and one holster that works great for me may not for you so buy something very adjustable .

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Retired IWB at 4 with untucked shirt. But even before I retired I was business casual most of the time and could wear Hawaiian shirts or other shirts designed to be worn untucked. For a more formal dress code I'd pocket carry.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
large t shirts fit best but print. xtra large conceal better and 2x covers about anything iwb or owb.
Not trying to pick up girls anymore or impress folks.

It's about time for the flannels anyway - untucked of coarse

·
Registered
816 Posts
Primarily OWB with untucked shirt. There are times when I'm inclined to carry IWB tucked or untucked (depending on level of concealment), and with/without a cover garment.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
If I'm not pocket carrying, its OWB with an untucked shirt. I have one gun that works IWB, but I haven't carried it in years. I have to buy shirts with extra long tails. So they conceal better anyway. An untucked shirt is one of the few ways my wife knows I'm carrying. I'm normally a tucked in guy.DR

·
Super Moderator
18,555 Posts
The fogy, geezerly, Luddite viewpoint.

I really don't want to be saddled with stunted, lightweight runty pistolas. I'd be mad at myself if I did have to use a handgun defensively and couldn't muster anything more substantial than the popular small, short-barreled handguns. Maybe it's an insecurity thing. Some of the compact, small tribe live around here, but just can't take them seriously.

Summertime around our small town I occasionally dress like this around a full sized 1911 (in these photos) or a 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame carried IWB.

Holster worn in above photos.

The 4-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson with its IWB holster choice.

Most often, when seriously out and about anywhere, whether summer or winter, a concealing sport coat or blazer worn over the same handguns in OWB holsters is the way I dress. It's certain that most won't want to dress around the sport coat, but a lot can be concealed beneath it and with good, un-fumble-y draw access.

Caught in a sudden rain, vacationing in Maine a few years back. Sun was shining when we parked the car and struck out for the lighthouse nearly a mile out. It clouded over before we'd fairly gotten started.

Holster is a Bucheimer Federal Man. We were fairly well drenched by the time this photo was taken, the umbrellas flimsy and useless against the stiff breeze.

OK, so it was a lark, carrying a vintage Colt Single Action Army on this occasion, but I was only running around locally in small town Texas.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I primarily pocket carry but when weather cooperates and it is cool enough to wear cover garments I carry with Bianchi and or Galco shoulder holsters.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts