Defensive Carry banner

Primary method of concealment for bigger than pocket gun.

• Untucked shirt

Votes: 74 92.5%
  • Tuckable holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 6 7.5%
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts
Your survey forced us to choose either over shirt OR tuckable holster. I wear a tuckable holster and sometimes "tuck." Other times I wear an over shirt/sweater/sweatshirt. I didn't vote because I couldn't choose both.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
17,275 Posts
I am retired. I usually carry a government model 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm @ 3:00 with a spare magazine @ 9:00 on my belt covered by an untucked garment. I also carry a Sig P938 9mm and a spare magazine in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I use one of my leather holsters to carry my revolvers. Whether it be OWB or IWB depends on the situation. I prefer to wear longer shirts in general, so even my t-shirts cover my OWB holsters most of the time. If I want to show my guns off, I have to tuck my shirt in...

The one exception being my XDM. It has a nice hybrid IWB holster. I'm not fond of using the free OWB holster it came with.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
With my days of tucked shirts, ties, and such long behind me, I carry IWB, happily untucked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I appendix carry glock 43X in a KSG Armory Doulos, not cheap but a really great holster Doulos – KSG Armory

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I started carrying many decades ago, it was IWB. For the last 25 years or so, it's been OWB at the 3:30-4:00 position almost everyday. For those days that OWB just will not work for whatever reason, I have a J-Frame I pocket carry.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The fogy, geezerly, Luddite viewpoint.

Caught in a sudden rain, vacationing in Maine a few years back. Sun was shining when we parked the car and struck out for the lighthouse nearly a mile out. It clouded over before we'd fairly gotten started.

Holster is a Bucheimer Federal Man. We were fairly well drenched by the time this photo was taken, the umbrellas flimsy and useless against the stiff breeze.
Luddite or not, even soaked from the rain; that has to be one of the most classy pistol packin' photos I have ever seen. I would hope to appear that classy one day. That "old" simple pistol will most certainly get the job done if called upon...bravo sir, bravo.

·
Super Moderator
18,555 Posts
Would love to see your rig for that big .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson Mike.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
My second, or backup, guns are all being carried in a Sticky Holster. Glock 43/43X/48. These little inexpensive holsters are very useful because they can be carried ambidextrously IWB or AIWB and keep the gun tucked in close to the body so as not cause any unsightly bulges - beyond what bulges come naturally at my age.

I use Vedder and/or Concealment Express for the primary.

Reactions: wmhawth and rlggray

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have any pictures of it, but I can describe it briefly. It mostly consists of a strap of 2" KNITTED (important!) elastic that goes from the top rear of the cloth holster, winds up across the upper part of my back (right behind my neck), then up over my other shoulder, down that side of my chest, then curves around and goes across the lower part of my back, and connects to the lower end of the holster. Another piece of 2" elastic strap goes from the top front of the holster, runs up my chest and over the top of that shoulder, and connects to the first (long) strap there. There are then two 1" non-elastic straps that criss-cross over my breastbone, with plastic connectors. There is also an "anti-sway" 1-inch non-elastic strap that goes from the 2" strap on the bottom to the top rear of the holster. It keeps the butt of the gun from sagging forward when I bend over. It conceals well, even with only a summer short sleeve shirt over it. Very comfortable ... I only take it off when I'm sleeping.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My second, or backup, guns are all being carried in a Sticky Holster. These little inexpensive holsters are very useful because they can be carried ambidextrously IWB or AIWB and keep the gun tucked in close to the body so as not cause any unsightly bulges

I use Sticky holsters a lot. It's my favorite way to carry my Ruger GP100 44 special. I like it cause it don't try to pull my Jean down.

Wearing it in a belt holster, it's 38.9 ounce loaded weight definitely pulls the ol britches in the downward direction. With the Sticky, I don't feel the weight at all.

I like em so much, I got one for all of my carry guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you carry bigger than a pocket gun, what method of concealment?
I'm retired and my shirt is happily chronically untucked, concealment IWB is no problem.
Everything I normally carry I switch back and forth between pocket and IWB. That said, I sometimes carry larger guns. When I do, it's with an untucked shirt over an IWB holster.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Usually owb with or without a cover shirt, depending. Every so often iwb. All between 3-4 o'clock. Full size 1911.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Outside the waist band concealed by a cover garment. Un-tucked shirt, jacket, vest, sport coat etc. depending on the time of year and the mission.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts