Defensive Carry banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I used to think it was my Sig 229.

I still think my 229 would be right there.....but, I have two P320s and the ability to change and adapt the thing is pretty wild.

For example: They decided to stop producing the P320 in .357 Sig in the COMPACT model. So, I bought one in the CARRY version and bought the grip module for the shorter COMPACT version and presto chango.......of course I have to buy the mags for the shorter Compact version, but even so. The P320s are nice shooters, with a better trigger than a Glock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well tough question i have four different edc guns that I rotate periodically sometimes based on my clothing ... I would have to say Wilson x9 ... thou I carry this gun very occasionally but if I hve to pick one I would say definitely edc x9 ... small light weight concealable great grip and good capacity .... love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
This thread is still going? Sig P226? Colt 1911's, Colt Pythons and H&K P7?

Somehow this does not feel like it's in the spirit of the thread...if I could afford any of those choices that means I could put together a panoply of well rounded but cheaper choices. Rather than spend the $1000 to...what is a Python going for these days...two grand? Instead I'd take that money and stick it into a single-stack sub-compact 9mm or 380 (the always gun), a .357 Magnum revolver with a 4-6" barrel, throw in a good used pump shotgun (870 or Mossberg 500) and if I have a $100 left over I'd look for a used .22 rifle like a 10/22 or Marlin 60 in a pawn shop.
Yeah, that sounds more like a home arsenal than a single handgun.

Perhaps if the OP had titled it, "If You Could Only Carry One Handgun"

·
Premium Member
34,611 Posts
One and only one required lots of thought. Every situation I carry in, all the shooting that I do, if I could only have one, it would be the .45 Shield.
A year to the day since I responded to this thread, and I'm still carrying .45 Shields, pretty much exclusively. I've purchased two more since then.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Glock 26

Because I shoot it as well as a 19 but it's more concealable and accepts any double stack 9mm magazine
GLOCK 26 9mm

This is a hard call.. But for the same reasons listed above, I would choose the Glock 26.. easy to conceal accepts Glock 17/18 magazines. When I was a working Officer, I've qualified with it several times, and know after shooing it hundreds of times, with all kinds of loads, I can trust it.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
For nearly same reason cited by @tns0038, my only one would be Glock19gen5. I have four 15-round mags and six 17-round mags it likes. The 4”bbl is just right, the grip is nearly full-size for my hand. It conceals really well AIWB or at 4:00 OWB.

At the two-day Glock shooting Class last week it seems like one or two 17s, six 19s, and a G36. We really didn’t have much time for socializing. After a little bit of class time it was almost all trigger time. Well, that and a lot of refilling mags so we each could send 950 rounds down range in two days.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
For nearly same reason cited by @tns0038, my only one would be Glock19gen5. I have four 15-round mags and six 17-round mags it likes. The 4”bbl is just right, the grip is nearly full-size for my hand. It conceals really well AIWB or at 4:00 OWB.

At the two-day Glock shooting Class last week it seems like one or two 17s, six 19s, and a G36. We really didn’t have much time for socializing. After a little bit of class time it was almost all trigger time. Well, that and a lot of refilling mags so we each could send 950 rounds down range in two days.
That sounds like a good training class.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
That sounds like a good training class.
Yeah @tns0038, it was really good. I’ve shot IDPA the past four or five years, maybe five matches a year. It’s been instructive but slow growth in my skills. Not their fault, all on me for not getting qualified instruction before now. I’m now somewhat more qualified to practice on my range, to make better use of my ammo and time, to practice skills drills that may help my shooting development.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts