Defensive Carry banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
First you have to read the instructions...
Ok...... For "Financial Reasons".........(Due to the COST factor) A HI POINT 9mm........ They're RELIABLE, and CHEAP........so THERE!....:tongue::tongue::tongue: What else ya gotta throw at me? :tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JIC you want one.... (NOT that I would ever want one) But, for 160.00 I guess they would do the trick...... Tight budget gun, but it could be used as a Boat Anchor .... Might even be able to have "Birdman Homeboy Sights" installed on it...:rofl:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/hi-point-firearms-9mm-pistol

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I’d probably have to go with something multi caliber. Like my S&W XVR 460. Shoots 45LC, 454 Casull, and of course the T-Rex & Sasquatch killing 460 magnum. Of course, I’d need a trailer to tow it behind my Jeep Wrangler. But the gun would suffice for two legged without overkill in the 45 Colt and still drop a rampaging Grizzly in the 460. Decisively, too. On a lesser scale I’d go with a older Colt Python in .357 with a six inch barrel. That would still work in the .38sp and in the hotter .357 will still take medium game. I dunno if the .400 CorBon is still available, but a spare barrel for that will still work in a 45 auto. All you’d need is the spare barrel and that doesn’t, in my mind, constitute a separate firearm.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
After seeing a series of torture tests (226, 1911, etc), I'd choose the HK USP Tactical in 45.
GREAT CHOICE. I once asked my best buddy, with whom I went to high school and college and wound up as my company commander at the Division level. He went on to a full career in Special Forces. I once asked him what handgun he would carry in combat. His reply? An H&K USP 45 (full size service) straight from the box without cleaning or lubing. I took him at his word and I bought one. I determined to take it from box to the firing line. No cleaning or lubing and shoot it until it failed. I figured it might go maybe six or seven hundred rounds. At 2000 rounds I had to clean her out of sheer respect. That gun was still burbling along like a rock steady Harley. I'll bet it could have gone another two thousand rounds without failure. It is to my eternal chagrin that I wound up selling it later because it was too big to easily conceal in the south Florida heat and humidity. That was a GREAT pistol. :danceban:

Reactions: Nifty and OD*

·
Registered
144 Posts
I guess it would have to be a G19, because there are bazillions of them out there. It would be easy to find ammo, parts, magazines, you name it.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Wow, this is hard but I would have to say my Gen4 G19 the one that I have in front of me.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Sig Sauer P220 in 10mm. Multi purpose handgun with more than sufficient power to defend against any two legged “varmint” or if necessary (while Trout fishing) to defend from nearly any sort of Bruin I might find myself confronted by. With proper loads (Buffalo Bore) ballistics that approach 41 magnum territory. Or, more lightly loaded with specific projectile there’s no way there’s a risk of any thru-n-thru shot to endanger non-combatants.

The 10mm caliber is comparable to the venerable .30-06: It can be loaded upwards to anchor a Polar Bear or Bull Moose if needed. Or it can be loaded down (.17 cal sabot) to handle Rabbit or Squirrel.

In exactly the same way is the 10mm flexible. And in a beautiful concealable package. In the Sig Sauer, I daresay there’s none better or more beautiful.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts