Defensive Carry banner

121 - 140 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Just one? Wow!

Well, let's do it! Got to go with my HK P30.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The boss says I already have enough since I didn't stop at one. But to answer the question I'll go with my Glock 43. Hopefully my 40s wont read this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If ammo and springs were not in the equation, I would probably pick a Dan Wesson V Bob in 45acp. It is heavy no doubt but, being all Steel, I think it would last. It is fairly easy to conceal. Accuracy and trigger are wonderful.

If ammo and springs are in the equation, I would go with my PPQ in 9 mm. I have enough replacement springs for just in case and I have at least 3 boxes of ammo. Generally, I see no reason to keep more ammo on hand than a box. (Big Grin)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Nope, original about a year before the 2.0 came out. Only thing I can see better is the picatinny rail. I have no qualms about the original trigger at all. Other than the plastic trigger. Would change to the full Apex trigger kit when I get the money, mainly just for the metal trigger. But I figure if I do that I might as well go for the whole upgrade. Coidunt huit.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I KNEW, whatever you picked, it was prolly going to have an H and a K in there, somewhere. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to figure you out, Brother Mil. :image035: Lil' bit.
You got me figured out my brother @PhaedrusIV! That's for sure! I'm loyal like that! :vs_laugh:

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Premium Member
33,780 Posts
Nope, original about a year before the 2.0 came out. Only thing I can see better is the picatinny rail. I have no qualms about the original trigger at all. Other than the plastic trigger. Would change to the full Apex trigger kit when I get the money, mainly just for the metal trigger. But I figure if I do that I might as well go for the whole upgrade. Coidunt huit.
Thanks. I have the earlier 9mm Shield, as well. I just wondered how it compares with the 2.0.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Thanks. I have the earlier 9mm Shield, as well. I just wondered how it compares with the 2.0.
If I can make the time I may rent the 2.0 to compare. I see nothing wrong with the trigger, so not sure how much better the 2.0 could be. But then, I haven't shot much else except to test fire a few before purchasing and a friend's Hi-Power that had light/no strikes and wouldn't shoot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I could only have one and that’s it I guess it would have to be stainless, it would have to be a revolver, and it would have to be concealable. Lucky for me I already have a 3” SP101 in .357 in my growing stable. Good gun, will last me the rest of my life, and someday will belong to my grandson god willing and the river don’t rise.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
After thought? It would have to be a model 66 S&W in 357. It will kill anything I need it to, and will always work. LOTS of other choices for me, but if only 1? That would be it.

Reactions: BamaT

·
Registered
620 Posts

If, for financial reasons, you could only buy ONE handgun for self-protection, which one would you buy?

Why would you choose that one?
You mention financial reasons, that would mean I couldn't buy something too expensive I take it? If I were to buy only one handgun for self-protection and money wasn't an issue I would go with a Nighthawk 10mm. If on the other hand my funds were very limited I would go with a Ruger Match Champion .357 Magnum. For the price of one Nighthawk you could get five Rugers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it comes down to only one for all around use, I'm picking the Sig P320 because of ergonomics, function AND it gives me the ability to switch out components to suit my needs. (going to bend the rules here a bit). I can swap out the slide and frame and go from a full 5" duty weapon down to a subcompact for carry.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Since I'm becoming a classic,I changed my mind.
It used to be a Colt Python .357 magnum,now it's a S&W M&P M2.0 compact 9mm.
Life is a continues change.
Also,life is good.:yup:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I'd be looking at M&P 2.0 9mm compact.

121 - 140 of 274 Posts