·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you buy first ?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
It would by default have to be a handgun - seeing as my priority would be carry.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I agree Chris, a pistol.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
A wheelie of course which is the first Handgun i bought too but i had all ready had a pistol given to me.

But a 357 could double for plinking and self defense just fine especially if you didn't have a lot of cash

·
Registered
473 Posts
i voted shotgun. you can't carry it, concealed anyways, but with different barrels, loads, etc. it seems to cover a lot of uses.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Wheel gun!

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
pistol first, then a rifle.

·
Super Moderator
22,007 Posts
Colt Government Model.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd get a Sig 229

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
If my first gun, it have to be a shot gun or rifle, due to me being only 18 at the time, but as soon as I was 21, I'd get that pistol.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
P95Carry said:
It would by default have to be a handgun - seeing as my priority would be carry.
+ 1 here.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'm a little confused as to the context: What's the intended use, home protection, putting meat on the table, concealed carry? It definitely would change my answer. I voted revolver as something like a 4" GP-100 could function for home defense, carry weapon (maybe a bit heavy and bulky though) and hunting in extreme need.

If we're talking about putting food on the table or home defense without the need for carry, I'd say a 12 gauge pump with different choke tubes and loads.
Jack

Just noticed I'm no longer a "Regular Member," anybody got a bran muffin I can borrow? :danceban:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
If I didn't own any guns I would obviously be a total novice so for CCW the KISS theory is esential. Wheel gun what else.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I voted for a shotgun.
It was my first.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I also voted for a wheelie. A .357 can be used for multiple purposes and with various loads. And it is simple to operate and maintain.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
A shotgun first, as it's a multi-purpose weapon. But you KNOW what I REALLY would carry <snickering> hehehehe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts