Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Me personally it would be either a Springfield operator .45 , a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, or a Kimber TLE II(complete with 2 extra mags) and a new holster plus ammo for break in and carry. Just me though.
~Steve

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Well, what do you have already?

If you are starting from scratch, I'd buy these; a Sig 228 or G19, a Kahr P or PM9, and Jframe. That will cover just about anybody's CCW needs rather well. You'll have enough for some holsters and some starter ammo or extra mags.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I would buy 4 Glocks caliber of your choosing. A compact such as a 19, a 26 as a BUG, and a 17 for the glove box and one for the HD role. Mount a good quality light ot it, and buy some ammo and a good holster

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
P7M13.

Hands down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
G19, G26, LCR and upgrade them all to XS Big Dot sights (LCR not available yet, but should be soon). Holsters/Lasers/Lights???

Those are my actual purchases.

Not into 9mm go with different Glock compact/sub compact, not into the LCR go with a Jframe.

After getting my LCR...I now think that everyone should have a snubbie! So at least work it into your budget.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
If I had 2k just sitting around, based on what I already have I would get a G30SF. No I don't really like Glocks but that is probably going to be my next pistol in the cc line. I have plenty of 9's already, and have been thinking of adding another .45 for options.

A Fist holster, and a bit of SD ammo, and I still have 1k left for whatever else.

Like others have asked, what do you already have or are you new to this with a 2k startup budget?

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I think that a Springfield Loaded 1911, a G36, and S&W J-frame could all fit in that budget, and would fill just about any CC role.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
$2k? Hmmmm. That would get me three Glocks and some new ammo. I might actually see my way into the 357sig caliber with that!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Kimber Ultra CDP II, Supertuck holster, extra mag, and the rest in ammo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Glock 20, holster, ammo, ton of extra mags, mag holsters. Then with the rest buy into the local gun club with its own private range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I kinda love these kinds of questions. For me it would be a custom Sig P220ST in 10mm by Bruce Gray at GrayGuns. :image035:

·
Registered
36 Posts
For Carry only, it would be:

S&W M&P compact (primary carry gun)
S&W 442 (pocket gun)
S&W 386 Night Guard (truck gun, belt gun, woods gun, do all gun)
Walther PPS (tuxedo gun)

I own, and carry the first two, maybe Santa will bring me a 386:santaclaus:

I love Sigs, I just find them too heavy for carry. I wish they would have done a 239 with a polymer frame like CZ has done successfully. Or made a true compact lighter SigPro. The jury is still out on the P250, but I like the DAO trigger, unlike most other Sigophiles.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I kinda love these kinds of questions. For me it would be a custom Sig P220ST in 10mm by Bruce Gray at GrayGuns. :image035:
Drool, a 10mm Sig.

Can I change my answer to a 10mm Sig220?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd get a G23, either a G30 or G36 and a 3" SP-101... Then use the rest for ammo and holsters for the G30/36....

·
Registered
581 Posts
S&W 442/Andrews Pocket Holster
Ruger SP101/HBE Tuckable IWB Holster
Springfield XD9 SC/Andrews McDaniel II Holster
$500 in ammo

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
G19 and a M1A....it can conceal in my house...
and some .308 ammo for it

1 - 20 of 74 Posts