Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting here thinking..If you had to carry a .22 cal what ammo would you use??

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i would use the ammo that worked in the gun. i have many different 22 pistols and they like different ammo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The ammo that most reliably works. I actually carry a .22 as a BUG, CCI Mini Mags.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand the ammo that works in the gun. But, If your gun would shoot anything what kind would be your choice.

·
Registered
688 Posts
As some here have seen on another post I had two new Taurus

P -22 totally fail many times in the course of a month and a half I gave 2 nd one back to dealer and

Got a new .32 that works .

I will some day buy another .22 but it wil be a revolver only

·
Administrator
145,392 Posts
I would go with a MATCH GRADE Silhouette ammunition.
Possibly something like Lapua Scoremax.

The quality control is so much higher with Match Grade .22 RF.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Hmmm. If I had to carry a 22 rimfire and legally that is all I can carry sometimes because in my state if you hunt during certain seasons or after certain times of day that is all you are allowed to carry, I would be and am more concerned about what type of gun I carry than what type of ammo I carry. Revolver only, thank you.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
CCI Stingers are slightly over sized case length which may lead to feeding issues in auto-loaders. CCI Velocitors are standard case length and hyper-velocity. Velocitors are my choice.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CCI Stingers are slightly over sized case length which may lead to feeding issues in auto-loaders. CCI Velocitors are standard case length and hyper-velocity. Velocitors are my choice.
Good to know Siafu. I was basing my suggestion on this, (see Table 3) doesn't include the Velocitor though.

Terminal Performance of Quik-Shok, CCI Stinger and Remington Viper .22 LR Ammunition

as I sometimes carry my little Beretta 21A tip up. I haven't experienced a feed issue with either the Bobcat or my Buckmark. Guess I need to research this further since I've been lucky till now. Thanks

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I'd carry a revolver chambered in .22 WMR (Magnum) and I'd select FMJ ammo as supplied by Federal or Sellier & Bellot for quality assurance.

- Janq

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Stingers in my Mk.II and Maxi-mag in my Single Six, with the mag cylinder...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.