Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here thinking..If you had to carry a .22 cal what ammo would you use??

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i would use the ammo that worked in the gun. i have many different 22 pistols and they like different ammo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The ammo that most reliably works. I actually carry a .22 as a BUG, CCI Mini Mags.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i would use the ammo that worked in the gun. i have many different 22 pistols and they like different ammo.
Ditto. Highest velocity in the type that is reliable in the gun. My wife's Bobcat only likes CCI minimag. Her Ruger, eats most any round nose.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the ammo that works in the gun. But, If your gun would shoot anything what kind would be your choice.

·
Registered
688 Posts
As some here have seen on another post I had two new Taurus

P -22 totally fail many times in the course of a month and a half I gave 2 nd one back to dealer and

Got a new .32 that works .

I will some day buy another .22 but it wil be a revolver only

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
CCI Stingers

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
I would go with a MATCH GRADE Silhouette ammunition.
Possibly something like Lapua Scoremax.

The quality control is so much higher with Match Grade .22 RF.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Hmmm. If I had to carry a 22 rimfire and legally that is all I can carry sometimes because in my state if you hunt during certain seasons or after certain times of day that is all you are allowed to carry, I would be and am more concerned about what type of gun I carry than what type of ammo I carry. Revolver only, thank you.

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
Fiocchi Super Match Exacta Biathlon Match would be another good one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CCI Stinger and Velocitor are good choices... I'd lean towards the Velocitor because it's 40 grain.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
CCI Stingers are slightly over sized case length which may lead to feeding issues in auto-loaders. CCI Velocitors are standard case length and hyper-velocity. Velocitors are my choice.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CCI Stingers are slightly over sized case length which may lead to feeding issues in auto-loaders. CCI Velocitors are standard case length and hyper-velocity. Velocitors are my choice.
Good to know Siafu. I was basing my suggestion on this, (see Table 3) doesn't include the Velocitor though.

Terminal Performance of Quik-Shok, CCI Stinger and Remington Viper .22 LR Ammunition

as I sometimes carry my little Beretta 21A tip up. I haven't experienced a feed issue with either the Bobcat or my Buckmark. Guess I need to research this further since I've been lucky till now. Thanks

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I'd carry a revolver chambered in .22 WMR (Magnum) and I'd select FMJ ammo as supplied by Federal or Sellier & Bellot for quality assurance.

- Janq

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Stingers in my Mk.II and Maxi-mag in my Single Six, with the mag cylinder...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anything jacketed. I don't honestly believe that there is any real world difference in stopping power between the various .22LR rounds.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts