Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So after a few years training I finally went through the concealed carry hoops in IL. I have now waited well past the normal time it takes to get the license from the state after paying the 150 bucks... With everything going on (and living close to south Chicago, where my local dmv was recently burnt down) I really wish to carry responsibly.

I jumped through the right hoops and paid a good amount for the class and the license. Do I have any legal rights to carry? Or can the state delay as long as they like? There have been delays since mid 2019..

·
Registered
252 Posts
As a CC in IL. I can tell you that the State Police are in no hurry to issue permits. Even though there is a time line, if you didn't submit prints, it will take longer to get your permit. This is assuming that your FOID card is valid. I suggest you go to Illinoiscarry.com and post there. The folks over there know every rule and trick to getting your permit. I just re-newed my CC and it took 76 days. As far as legal rights, this is IL. , you don't have any !:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mrcrow789, from Arizona. Glad to have you aboard. As far as how long the state can make you wait, yes, they can. Indefinitely. When I lived in Kommifornia, it took over a year and a half and $650 to get a permit, and you had to do it every 2 years. Be patient; the wait is temporary - getting caught without the permit could be permanent loss of your rights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that was my fear.. Constitutional right, unless you don't have permission to have a constitutional right.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Hi guys,

So after a few years training I finally went through the concealed carry hoops in IL. I have now waited well past the normal time it takes to get the license from the state after paying the 150 bucks... With everything going on (and living close to south Chicago, where my local dmv was recently burnt down) I really wish to carry responsibly.

I jumped through the right hoops and paid a good amount for the class and the license. Do I have any legal rights to carry? Or can the state delay as long as they like? There have been delays since mid 2019..
I second the recommendation to talk to Molly B at IllinoisCarry.com. She is the spokesperson to for the forum and has cultivated relationships with the ISPFSB.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Being in FL,the law has a max time for issuing a permit or denying one due to disqualification.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I sent an email, seems like a good resource. Hopefully I can get my wifes pushed soon as well. She just applied a month ago though but she does dog walking and sitting in the area.

Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I live in Illinois and have been cc’ing since the beginning. Your not the only one waiting. Gun sales, amo sales, FOUD applications and CC applications have soared. The ISP is inundated with having to process all of this. And they are short staffed. Dint hold your breath on getting it anytime soon. You will turn very blue. In the meantime, get your gear and get some training. And Illinoiscary.com is a great site. Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Remember that many years ago they made it a felony to carry without a permit. Wow, that Calif cost and wait was alot worse then I thought.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hi guys,

contact your state rep. let them light a fire.

get on illinoiscarry.com. there's a subforum for this sort of thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts