Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this treasonous behavior? And, isn't it a violation of her oath of office???

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I agree with her, we need to start dismantling the political system that she and her communist friends have created - we can start with her immediate resignation and confession of treasonous acts against the United States including violation of her oath of office.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
18 U.S. Code § 2383.Rebellion or insurrection

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Unfortunately, voters can elect whoever they choose and once elected, politicians can propose anything they want, no matter how outrageous. She would only have committed a crime if she acted on her ideas outside the rules of the legislature.

I try to remember that there will always be people like AOC and Omar out there. There is certainly even worse out there. It is the voters fault they are in office. And those voters, as they say, will get the government they deserve.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
"I helped led the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act. And because of Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump, it is being ignored."

Like they should ignore her ; )
H/D

·
Registered
923 Posts
People leave "the old country" for many reasons, including oppression and economic opportunity, but, as the first generation here, they still seek the comfort of the milieu in which they grew up.
Thus, Ilhan Omar seeks to turn the US into a Somalia replica.

It is up to us to stop her, which is pretty easy to do.
Her constituency may keep reëlecting her, since they are Somali first-generation arrivals themselves, but that is a self-limiting situation, and will have little effect upon the US as a whole.

My first wife's family left Greece seeking economic opportunity and social freedom, and yet they did their best to recreate Greece in their own little corner of the US.
Once established here, with their own new-found social freedom, they then did their best to deny it to the non-Greeks around them.
They were unsuccessful, of course; it was something that they could never understand.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hear a lot of 'tear down' rhetoric. If she has something better, then propose that. It is easy for a child to walk into the room and knock down the Lincoln log castle that has been built. It takes far more effort and time to plan and build that Lincoln log home.

Even such legislation as 'the green deal' is an inventory of dismantling and restrictions. Which, by the way, are not productive policies. The idea of creating a standard that inspires and motivates is a serious and laborious task.

Consider our own Declaration of Independence, the conversations that led to its creation was almost a hundred years in the making. There were numerous conversations (letters, research, discussions) prior to pen hitting paper.

Trimming outdated laws, regulations and policies should be relegated to an administrative task. The advancement of our great society must be deliberated and carefully considered, with the advice of history, before presented to the Conversation.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
The one thing that she did seem to embrace is American political corruption and how to line her pockets.
That part of America she likes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The one thing that she did seem to embrace is American political corruption and how to line her pockets.
That part of America she likes.

well that's the part that makes her feel right at home in Somalia

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
I certainly don't like Omar, but to be fair, I don't think the headline accurately reflects what she said.

"As long as our economy and political systems prioritizes profit without considering who is profiting, who is being shut out, we will perpetuate this inequity. So we cannot stop at criminal justice system. We must begin the work of dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts