Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a used HK USP40 from a friend... he did not really want to sell and I was not 100% on the HK.

SOOOOOOOOO...

After some long debate and looking I got a

XD-40... still have not shot it yet and the safties will take some getting use to. I am use to the "standard" safety. I like it though. 12 in the clip is different than 8 on my rugerp345. About the same size and weight fully loaded.

Just thought I'd share.. once I shoot it I will report back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bags.... I really like my XD40. Already got what?? 900 rounds thru it in 3 months, and next weekend, probably another 200, without any hiccups, FTF,FTE, etc. Use WWB from Wally World for $16 for the value pack. I use Fed Hydra-shock 135 gr for PP.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Very nice choice!!! i really fell in love with his XD the safety does take a little bit but like it was said above.. I really found the 45 to be nice accept i need a longer mag release. My thumb has to over extend to really drop the mag well. But thats an easy fix. Glad to have ya on board!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a CZ Rami .40, just yesterday bought a Glock 23, and have a XD-9. If your XD-40 is anything like my XD-9, boy are you in for fun!

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Hehe - knew Euc would have dropped by :wink:

I hear more and more about Xd's that I like - tho unlikely to get over my SIGness awhile yet!! I have shot just one and did like it.... I'd have one over a Glock ideally.

Nice find - and yes - give us your impressions after excercize!

·
Super Moderator
19,018 Posts
Nice. my girlfriend has 1. they really are nice to shoot. Only way you could have done better is to buy that HK:biggrin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.