Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IL State Senator Neil Anderson files bill to repeal FOID Act

SPRINGFIELD, Ill (KWQC)- Two bills have been filed in the Illinois Legislature to repeal the Illinois Firearm Owner Identification Act.
Senate Bill 1324 was filed by State Senator Neil Anderson Thursday, and House Bill 0492 was filed last week to do the same.
“In my opinion,and the opinion of a lot of people, the FOID card is nothing more than a cash grab for the state of*Illinois,” said Senator Anderson (R) of Moline.
The $10 card is required for anyone in the state if they own firearms or ammunition.
It was originally designed as a database of gun owners for the state. That list, though no longer public, still exists.
Senator Anderson says the law is redundant, and an infringement of Second Amendment rights.
“When I, in Illinois, go buy a firearm, I have to go through the same federal background check, in addition to having the FOID card,” Anderson added.
Wayne Peterson, Co-Owner of JW Shooting Parlor agrees.
“In my mind, I understand the FOID card but overall it’s a redundant situation,” said Peterson.

Gerry

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
That would be nice since it would allow non-residents to purchase ammo then.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Having to wait 4-6 weeks to obtain a FOID card in addition to a waiting period to purchase a firearm after obtaining a FOID in IL is extreme. It should at least be permanent once obtained.
In IL anyone can get a Voter ID in 24 hours or less but getting a Firearm Owners Identification Card is a PITA for law abiding citizens. It should be repealed.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
NY admitted their state police administered ballistic inventory was a colossal waste of $ that didn't solve any crime. I wonder how much the foid costs the good people of IL?

·
Registered
426 Posts
NY admitted their state police administered ballistic inventory was a colossal waste of $ that didn't solve any crime. I wonder how much the foid costs the good people of IL?
The Illinois FOID card costs $10.00. You need the card to purchase firearms, ammo and to get into any firing range. The state say's it's to provide them with a data base of firearm owners. That in itself should be repealed. Even with a FOID card and a CCW license we have to wait three days after purchase to get our firearm. Ridiculous, I can go into any place that sells guns with as many loaded guns on me that I can conceal and still have to wait three days as a "cooling off" period before bringing that new gun home in case I'm buying it at the spur of the moment to shoot someone. Guess the state doesn't consider that I could use any of the guns I already own AND are registered with the state to shoot someone I'm angry with. Radical changes are needed.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Yes, I understand the cost to the user. I'm thinking more of the cost to the IL taxpayers to run the program.

Then there is lost business to the store owner because of buyer confusion, by that's the (not so hidden) intent of these types of laws. And Chicago has run their firearm industry out of town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts