Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,168 Posts
They’re going to drag it out for as long as they can.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
42,099 Posts
Delaying tactics Round One. Justice is blind . . . and slow.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Looks like Emmanuel got his way. Now he can use Bloomberg's money to get the legislators to change their minds.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Justice delayed too long, is justice denied.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I wonder whether Quinn will share a cell with Blago or have one adjacent...

Reactions: zonker1986

·
Registered
34 Posts
I for one hope Quinn vetos it, and all the conservatives pull their support. Then we can goto constitutional carry, while they work on a REAL carry bill. I appreciate all the effort from everyone involved, but we (citizens) were told NOT to comprimise on certain aspects of carry. In the end they caved to some things I was asked not to cave on.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
They've had what ... 2 yrs ? I wouldn't give anyone an extension if I were the Judge if you had that long, and blew it off.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
They've waited this long for CC. What's another 3 or 4 years while Quinn reviews it matter? :embarassed:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
30 days here, 30 days there - pretty soon not just me but ALL of us will be old people before the law is finally implemented.

I hope that the law, when finally put in place, is even more to all gun people's liking. Time to start putting some politicians on notice. Not that it'll do any good.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Does anyone know whether the new law (if signed by the gov) recognizes out-of-state CCW permits?
I'll be traveling across Illinois (via I 80) later this summer...and have a fleeting (and misguided??) hope of staying armed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Not only does the proposed law limit out of state permits (requires more extensive classes than most states) it also has some very ambiguous language as to transport of firearms, it appears that an Illinois FOID will be absolutely required. As it is now, our own state permits allow transportation (locked up and away from driver) but new law may change that. This law is not what we were looking for, it will restrict more than allow!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does anyone know whether the new law (if signed by the gov) recognizes out-of-state CCW permits?
I'll be traveling across Illinois (via I 80) later this summer...and have a fleeting (and misguided??) hope of staying armed.
The law has no reciprocity, it will allow out of State Conceal Carry Permit holders to travel through the State with their weapon, it must stay in the vehicle though.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Living in (if you've seen my screen name) southern Wisconsin, my wife and I often travel to the Quad Cities (specifically the Iowa side) to visit relatives. For all of the hassle with this, we are actually debating whether or not it is worth it to travel a slightly longer route which stays in Wisconsin directly until the Iowa border, as opposed to the "usual" route through northwestern Illinois.

I know I'm not saying anything new here, but this just boggles the mind at how a small number of people can affect so many on the topic of concealed carry.

As for constitutional carry, I'd love to see it, but I would suspect some last minute political weasel moves would prevent that from ever happening.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
So if the law passed from the legislature to the governors desk with a veto proof majority can't they just say hey, gov we passed the bill all we need is your signature we're not gonna change it, if you veto it we'll override it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ridiculous. If the governor needs 30 days to sign a bill, then the deadline on passing the bill was 30 days before the Jun 9 deadline.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm sure they are hoping for another "mass shooting" so they can get the momentum swinging back to their side. Heck, they may even set one up.

I'll bet $0.64 there is a "tragic event" that occurs during the extension period.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts